EDITORIAL: In 2016 Rematch, Elorza Beat Snow in the First Round
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
The snow remained on the streets of Providence for weeks, many areas never got properly plowed, and the fight was declared a knockout. According to the judges, snow beat Elorza in each round of their 2015 mismatch.
It seems like the Mayor trained in between bouts and brought in a new trainer and a new corner man.
This past weekend’s first round goes to Elorza. Streets were cleared of snow and in many areas curb to curb.
One of the basic city services residents expect of a Mayor in the northeast is snow removal and while the 2016 rematch is far from over, let’s give credit to Mayor Elorza for learning from his 2015 beat down and coming back in shape and ready to fight.
Let’s hope the second year Mayor has done enough road work and has the legs and staying power for the entire 2016 fight with the snow.
Related Slideshow: Top 10 Blizzards in RI History
- Russell Moore: Raimondo and Snowstorm Politics
- Leonard Moorehead, the Urban Gardener: Spring’s Snowy Prelude
- Snow Closes Many Schools on Monday
- Patriots Victory Parade Moved to Wednesday Due to Snow, Cold
- NEW: Providence Ranked 12th Snowiest City in U.S.
- NEW: National Grid Says 30 Inches of Snow Possible with “Juno”, Preparing for Worst
- Leonard Moorehead, TheUrban Gardener: Snow is Good for Gardens
- National Grid, Fire Officials Urge For Safety in Snow Removal
- NEW: RI May Get Up To 6 Inches Of Snow On Tuesday
- Ghiorse: 5 Inches of Snow Expected in RI From Winter Storm Wed.
- Providence Equity May Lose Hundreds of Millions as Altegrity Faces Seizure in Snowden Fallout
- Providence Snow Equipment - See the Costs
- Providence City Council Grades Snow Removal Efforts
- Jencunas: Elorza’s First 100 Days - Potholes and Snow
- Finneran: Those Snow Drifts Hold Stories
- It’s Freaking 60° Out, Here Are 25 Things to do Before it Snows
- RI Beauty Expert: Snow Day Chic
- College Admissions: Best Ski + Snowboard Colleges in the East
- Repeat Storms Maxing Out City Snow Budgets
- City Snow Budgets - See the Numbers
- Leonard Moorehead, The Urban Gardener: Seeds in the Snowbed
- Snow Resumes Sunday Night, Continues Through Monday - 12+ Inches Possible
- Dr. Downtown, David Brussat: Dr. Downtown’s Snowy Providence
- NEW: Mayor Elorza’s Office Accused of Deleting Facebook Posts About Snow Removal