poll: Do You Think Crime in Providence Has Gotten Worse?
Friday, August 03, 2012
Do You Think Crime in Providence Has Gotten Worse?
- 70 vote - Yes, murders are up 300% over last year
- 16 vote - No, total violent crime is actually down 10%
In contrast, according to Police Dept. data violent crime is decreasing. According to crime statistics provided by the Police Dept., violent crime is down 10 percent, property crimes are down 11 percent and other crimes (which includes weapons offenses, drugs, assault, vandalism and liquor law violations) are nearly identical to where they were last year.
Do you feel safe? Do you think crime is up?
- Crime on the Rise in Providence
- Hard Crime: Rhode Island’s Most Wanted List
- Keeping Crime Down: How Other Cities Did It
- LEGAL MATTERS: Money for Victims of Violent Crime
- House Judiciary to Hear Hate Crimes, Pregnant Prisoner Bills
- NEW: Gender Identity to Hate Crimes Law
- NEW: Johnson & Wales Named #2 Most Crime-Rattled College in US
- NEW: Kilmartin Calls for Increasing the Crime Victims Fund Cap to $1 Billion
- NEW: Senators to Meet on Providence Youth Crime
- State House Report: Schools, Crime & the Developmentally Disabled
- Where Does Providence Rank Nationally in Crime
- FBI Report: Crime on the Rise in Providence
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.