poll: Do You Think Crime in Providence Has Gotten Worse?
Friday, August 03, 2012
In contrast, according to Police Dept. data violent crime is decreasing. According to crime statistics provided by the Police Dept., violent crime is down 10 percent, property crimes are down 11 percent and other crimes (which includes weapons offenses, drugs, assault, vandalism and liquor law violations) are nearly identical to where they were last year.
Do you feel safe? Do you think crime is up?
- Crime on the Rise in Providence
- NEW: Senators to Meet on Providence Youth Crime
- Hard Crime: Rhode Island’s Most Wanted List
- State House Report: Schools, Crime & the Developmentally Disabled
- Keeping Crime Down: How Other Cities Did It
- Where Does Providence Rank Nationally in Crime
- LEGAL MATTERS: Money for Victims of Violent Crime
- FBI Report: Crime on the Rise in Providence
- House Judiciary to Hear Hate Crimes, Pregnant Prisoner Bills
- NEW: Gender Identity to Hate Crimes Law
- NEW: Johnson & Wales Named #2 Most Crime-Rattled College in US
- NEW: Kilmartin Calls for Increasing the Crime Victims Fund Cap to $1 Billion