DePetro Announces Return to Rhode Island Radio
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Former WPRO talk show host John DePetro has announced Tuesday that he will be "returning to radio" -- with an afternoon show on 1540 AM WADK.
DePetro announced that he was leaving WPRO on December 24, when union-backed advocacy group "For Our Daughters" claimed victory.
He made the WADK announcement on his website on Tuesday, January 24, which included a "Wolf of Wall Street" spoof video.
See More Details Below Clip
I proudly announce I return to the Rhode Island airwaves starting Wednesday, January 25, 2017, taking your phone calls weekdays live from 1:00-5:00 p.m. on 1540 AM WADK. Together, we will make Rhode Island afternoon radio great again. The John DePetro Show will be broadcasting from the right side of the issues, on the right side of the dial at 1540 AM.
I am also pleased to announce I am now the exclusive owner of the John DePetro Show, which gives me full ownership of the content of the show and the freedom in the future to syndicate my popular, highly-rated, entertaining program. My listeners should get ready for the most entertaining radio I have ever done, and I will continue to tell it like it is. As a genius once told me, "content is King." The John DePetro Show will be totally unstoppable, protected by God."
I look forward to speaking to all the people of our state, and the various callers, including Ann from Cranston, Raymond the illegal and Henry B. Chafee. The John DePetro Show will always be "up down, always round , you know that."
- NEW: For Our Daughters to Protest Two DePetro Sponsors on Saturday
- Arthur Schaper: Who’s Pushing the DePetro Boycott?
- NEW: DePetro AP Award Blasted by For Our Daughters Chair
- NEW: Grassroots Group Calls for WPRO’s John DePetro’s Firing
- Russell Moore: DePetro: Stay or Go, It’s About the Dough
- Arthur Schaper: DePetro Boycott and Exeter Recall (Oh Boy!)
- Who is More Polarizing? Chafee or DePetro
- EXCLUSIVE: DePetro Suspended Until January
- DePetro Controversy Sparks First Amendment Debate
- Moore News: Election Coverage, Taibbi, DePetro and More
- WPRO’s Yorke, DePetro Make “Heavy Hundred” Radio List
- “For Our Daughters” Declares Victory on Departure of DePetro
- RI Secretary of State’s Chief of Staff Posts Message Calling Out WPRO’s DePetro
- RI Conservative Think Tank Leader Laments the Loss of DePetro from WPRO
- DePetro Announces He is Leaving WPRO Show
- Moore: Conservatives Should Boycott WPRO Over DePetro Leaving
- UPDATED: DePetro Pulled From the Air at WPRO, Officials Claim It Was Tied to a Pre-Scheduled Meeting
- Elorza’s Deputy Chief of Staff Appears on DePetro Show, Despite Boycott
- RI’s Sanctuary State Status Blasted by Loughlin, DePetro
- “For Our Daughters” and DePetro - New Battle Heats Up
- John DePetro: 16 to Watch in 2016 in RI
- DePetro Calls for “Rally Against Raimondo” at State House on Wednesday
- WPRO Advertises DePetro’s Time Slot with 50% Pay Cut (UPDATED)