Cianci To Marry Haywood
Tuesday, January 05, 2016
It is official. Vincent “Buddy” Cianci is engaged to Tara Marie Haywood.
This will be the former Providence Mayor’s second marriage. The engagement was confirmed by Haywood via a Facebook post.
Cianci is the host of the afternoon drive time show on WPRO radio and in 2014 was a candidate for Mayor of Providence, but lost a close general election battle with now sitting Mayor Jorge Elorza. He is one of America's best known and most controversial politicians.
This past year, Cianci battled cancer. Haywood was by Cianci’s side during his treatment and his recovery.
Haywood Sports Reporter
She is a journalism grad and a sports reporter. In the past she has worked NFHS Network as a Producer in Atlanta, Georgia. In addition, she worked at Cox Sports New England as Reporter/Blogger and she had a stint at SportsBuddyz as Sports Commentator in Los Angeles, California.
As she writes on her blog, “While I was contemplating a career in journalism, I never lost sight of my passion for sports. I always thought being a sports reporter would suit me perfectly. I still do. I just kind of went about it a little differently than most. While I have covered high school and college sports, I have recently been blessed with several opportunities to take it to the professional level. I’ve gotten to meet some incredible people along the way and found a way to combine the things I love the most: philanthropy and football (well, ok, hockey, too…).
Cianci - Is He done?
In one one-on-one interview with GoLocalProv's Kate Nagle during the 2014 campaign, Cianci fired at his predecessor and raised concerns about the City's finances:
"I'd want an audit of the city -- I want to see this 'surplus'," said Cianci. "If the city has a surplus right now, well, I can guarantee you we don't have a surplus. If we have a surplus right now, I'd withdraw my candidacy."
For someone who would face a fifth decade in the position of Mayor well into his 70s, Cianci said, "I think the city, which I love very much, needs leadership, a relief pitcher. Someone who would come in for a couple of innings and win the game."
Would that mean Cianci would only look for one term? "I've certainly got a term in me, and if I felt good and the people wanted me, I'd do it again," said Cianci, who resigned from his previous two tenures as Mayor when convicted of felonies.
Cianci is never predictable and has battled back numerous times. With Haywood by his side, will Cianci run again for Mayor? We probably won't know until deadline day in June 2018.
Related Slideshow: Buddy Cianci in Pop Culture
Take a tour of Buddy Cianci's career from walk on roles on TV dramas to featured in pop art.
Shepard Fairey exploded on to the global stage when he designed the iconic "Hope" poster of President Obama, but he had rocked Providence when he attended RISD with his installations/graffiti cut- and-past on Buddy Cianci's re-election posters.
Photo by El-Pablo via Flickr
Nothing says Buddy Cianci like Buddy's own tell all autobiography. The post-jail book tried to even some scores and serve as a balance to Pulitzer prize winning investigative reporter Mike Stanton's, "Prince of Providence."
Buddy's book with the short title of "Politics and Pasta," failed to deliver the context and range of Stanton's book.
- 10 Factors that Will Decide if Elorza or Cianci is the Next Mayor of Providence
- NEW: Cianci’s Lawyer Files Elections Complaint Over Elorza, York, and Others
- EDITORIAL: The Dumbest Idea Since Cianci Wanted a Helicopter
- NEW: Cianci Announces Plan to Reform Providence Schools
- NEW: Cianci Responds to Mail Ballot Tampering Accusations
- Cianci Polling Shows 14+ Point Lead Over Elorza
- Myrth York Leads New Anti-Cianci Group and Launches TV Ad
- Michael Riley: Projo, Elorza and Cianci are all Blind to Reality
- The Scoop: RIC to Host Politics and Social Media Panel, Harrop Questions Cianci’s Health, and More
- Corrente, Whitehouse, and Almond Oppose Cianci’s Re-Election
- NEW: Cianci Campaign Co-Chair Alleges Voter Suppression at MLK
- Cianci to Appear on Meet the Press
- The Scoop: Magaziner Calls Almonte a Liar, Cianci Blasts Harrop’s Elorza Donation, and More
- The Scoop: Smith Blasts Paiva-Weed on False Allegations, Elorza Questions Cianci’s Apology, and More
- BREAKING: Cianci’s Complaint Against York Delayed Until November 13th
- Cianci Threatened to Sue Author Ann Hood
- PODCAST: Cianci Threatened to Sue Author Ann Hood
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Christi Reiss: Beyond the East Side: Different Post-Mortem of Cianci’s Defeat
- Breaking: Buddy Cianci Collapses After Portrait Ceremony
- NEW: Cianci Checks Out of Hospital After Collapse, Attends Celebratory Dinner
- Buddy Cianci Returns to Radio - Will Elorza be His First Guest?
- Elorza Beats Cianci in Providence Mayoral Race
- The Scoop: Cianci Endorsed by Impacto Hispano, Duffy and Nee Team Up for Magaziner, and More
- GoLocal Interviews Vincent “Buddy” Cianci
- Ric Santurri: All Buddy, All The Time
- John Perilli: Buddy Cianci’s Long, Sad Comeback Trail
- National Media Reacts to Buddy Cianci Running for Mayor
- Marketing Providence: The Buddy Brand Factor
- LISTEN: “Anybody But Cianci” Group Forming to Take on Buddy
- Listen: Marketing Providence: The Buddy Brand Factor
- Is WPRO Violating Equal Time with Buddy Cianci Show Title?
- Sides Split on Buddy Running for Mayor of Providence
- Ron Reacts: The General Assembly and Buddy Cianci
- LISTEN: Is WPRO Violating Equal Time with Buddy Cianci Show Title?
- Russell Moore: The Summer of Buddy
- “Anybody But Cianci” Group Forming to Take on Buddy
- Guest MINDSETTER™: Erlin Rogel - Providence Needs More than Just A Buddy
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Jennifer Brien: What if Buddy Loses?
- Russell Moore: Michael Milken, Buddy Cianci, and Redemption
- Ric Santurri: Buddy Cianci’s Math Problem
- Can Buddy Beat the Master Lever?
- Questions Buddy Cianci Must Answer to be Providence’s Next Mayor
- Russell Moore: Buddy Still Favorite in Mayoral Bid
- EXCLUSIVE: Confidential Memo Unveils Secret Fund to Beat Buddy Cianci