slides: Chafee Answers Questions on Fox and Mattiello
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
“The truth is, I’m having a press conference but I can’t say anything,” said Chafee. “I have to refrain from commenting and refer all questions to the U.S. Attorney.”
Chafee let Rhode Islanders know that the state will be in good shape. He also commented on working with a new speaker and the issues he still hopes to cover as Governor.
"I look forward to working with the new speaker," said Chafee. "The key issues that I care about are a good budget and to make sure we pay for our infastructure, especially our bridges to Aquidneck Island. I certainly care about if the unions pass pension reform that we avoid long litigation and also 38 Studios; I do not want to default on 38 Studios."
See the slideshow below for more quotes from the Governor's press conference.
Related Slideshow: Chafee Answers Questions on Fox and Mattiello
"The key issues that I care about are a good budget and to make sure we pay for our infastructure, especially our bridges to Aquidneck Island. I certainly care about if the unions pass pension reform that we avoid long litigation and also 38 Studios; I do not want to default on 38 Studios."
-photo credit: Nicholas Handy
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Dee Dee Witman: Time to Show Gordon Fox the Door
- Russell Moore: Fox’s Departure Shouldn’t Overshadow Achievements
- BREAKING: Fox Resigns As Speaker of the House
- 11 to Watch in 2011: Gordon Fox
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Steven Artigas: Open Letter to Gordon Fox
- RI State Report: Speaker Fox’s Home, Office Raided + Reaction
- On The Couch: Speaker of the House Gordon Fox
- 5 Reps Who Could Succeed House Speaker Gordon Fox
- House Speaker Gordon Fox Wins Re-Election
- PODCAST: Fox Scandal - Winners and Losers
- PowerPlayer: House Speaker Gordon Fox
- Dan Lawlor: The Curious Case of Gordon Fox
- Fox Scandal: First Time State House Raided in RI History
- NEW: Rep. Lombardi Calls for Fox’s Resignation
- RI Favorites - Gordon Fox Endorses David Cicilline in Exclusive Video
- Election Day: Gordon Fox Shares His Thoughts
- RI State Report: Fox Investigated, Gag Orders + More
- Fox Scandal: Winners and Losers
- Should Gordon Fox Resign as Speaker of the Rhode Island House?
- Exclusive to GoLocalProv: House Speaker Gordon Fox Endorses Cicilline for Congress
- NEW: Sam Bell Declares for Fox’s House Seat
- In Case You Missed It: Gordon Fox Accused of Manipulating House Campaigns
- Speaker Gordon Fox’s Former Ally Now Running Opponent’s Campaign
- Gordon Fox Campaign Contributions Exceeded $1K Limit
- Speaker Fox Spokesman Larry Berman Addresses Media
- Arthur Schaper: Speaker Fox In The Hen House
- Thank You Gordon Fox
- Gordon Fox Denies Conflict of Interest in Zoning Board Request
- NEW: Speaker Fox’s State House Office Raided by FBI, State Police
- NEW: Fung Calls For Fox to Step Down From Speaker
- The History of Gordon Fox: from Camp St. to Speaker to…