Central Falls School District Get $1.3 Million Grant
Friday, January 21, 2011
Funding for the grant comes from a U.S. Department of Education Title I School Improvement Grants program. About $4 billion is available in the fund to help turn around an estimated 5,000 of the country’s lowest performing public schools over the next five years.
“We are thrilled to be receiving this school improvement grant,” said Superintendent Dr. Frances Gallo. “These funds are absolutely critical to supporting the work of our dedicated teachers and school staff in implementing a transformation plan that will make Central Falls High School a truly great place for students to learn.”
The grant will fund the district’s transformation plan for the high school. According to a news release, grant funding will be directed to the following:
• Performance Management System: Development and implementation of a performance management system including external evaluators, training sessions, professional development courses for teachers in specific content, and supports and interventions for students in various academic disciplines.
• Teacher Compensation: Teacher compensation and benefits for extra planning time and professional development sessions.
• Instructional Technology: New computers, multimedia presentation carts, projectors, and printers for both group and individual student use.
• Professional School Staff Compensation: Compensation for additional school staff including a new Math Lead position responsible for implementing math curriculum reforms and a new Executive Director of Student Development and Family Support responsible for student counseling, alternate pathway programs, and parent and community outreach.
- AG Candidate Little Tied to Central Falls Mayor
- BREAKING NEWS: Central Falls Teachers Say It’s a Deal
- BREAKING NEWS: Chafee to Keep Central Falls Receive for One More Month
- BREAKING NEWS: Gist - Central Falls Teachers, Administration Reach a Deal
- Central Falls & Pawtucket Merger: How Would It Affect RI?
- Central Falls Broke, Judge Names Receiver
- Central Falls Receiver Appoints His Own Council
- Central Falls Teachers: Don’t Blame Us
- Central Falls-Pawtucket Merger: Residents Speak Out
- Councilman Calls for Central Falls Mayor to Resign
- Critics: Central Falls Receiver Sets ‘Dangerous Precedent’
- EDITORIAL: Central Falls - Let’s Merge It
- Gist: Reform at Central Falls Now Can Move at ‘Light Speed’
- GoLocalProv Uncovers ‘Pay to Play’ in Central Falls
- Is It Time to Abolish the City of Central Falls?
- NEW: Central Falls Receiver: Merge City with Pawtucket
- Should Central Falls be merged?
- UPDATED: Chafee, General Assembly Leaders Weigh in on Central Falls
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.