Central Falls Receiver Appoints His Own Council
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Pfeiffer notified the city council of the move on Nov. 8.
He appointed three members to the special Receiver’s Council: current City Council member James Diossa, former City Council member Robert Ferri, and former Central Falls Finance Director Edna Poulin.
“I was hopeful the City Council would recognize that it was in the best interest of the residents of Central Falls to work together. It is unfortunate that several members of the City Council have chosen to continually obstruct our efforts to return fiscal stability to the City,” Pfeiffer said. “The City and its residents are fortunate to have these three upstanding individuals who have agreed to serve on the Receiver’s Council and work with the Office of the Receiver to turn the City’s finances around.”
The Receiver’s Council will carry out the duties of the city council, including: licensing, permitting, and zoning. Pfeiffer also will report to the council on the steps he is taking to restore the city’s financial health.
- AG Candidate Little Tied to Central Falls Mayor
- BREAKING NEWS: Central Falls Teachers Say It’s a Deal
- BREAKING NEWS: Gist - Central Falls Teachers, Administration Reach a Deal
- Central Falls Broke, Judge Names Receiver
- Councilman Calls for Central Falls Mayor to Resign
- EDITORIAL: Central Falls - Let’s Merge It
- Gist: Reform at Central Falls Now Can Move at ‘Light Speed’
- GoLocalProv Uncovers ‘Pay to Play’ in Central Falls
- Is It Time to Abolish the City of Central Falls?
- Should Central Falls be merged?
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.