Bryant’s Training Facility Collapses, OSHA to Investigate
Tuesday, September 01, 2015
A construction accident at 8:15 am on Tuesday at the site of the under-construction new indoor training facility at Bryant has injured 6, will spark an OSHA investigation, and has sent tremors through the university community. An email from Bryant's Athletic Director Bill Smith has asked coaches to "keep clear of the site."
"Following this morning’s accident at the indoor practice facility, please note that no member of Bryant’s staff or athletes were injured. Please keep your thoughts and prayers in mind for those injured," wrote Smith in an email.
The facility which was slated to include a full sized-football turf field for training for lacrosse, field hockey, football and other sports, was scheduled to be completed this winter.
The project is described by the University as:
- A 78,000-square-foot Indoor Practice Facility featuring a state-of-the-art indoor turf field with a full 100 yards of turf. When the facility is completed, Bryant will become the only private DI school in New England with a similar facility. Support for this project includes a $2 million gift from William J. Conaty ’67, Chair of the Bryant University Board of Trustees
“With the transformative Bryant Builds plan, we are creating the world-class learning environment that aligns with Bryant’s bold future. We are enhancing our academic and athletic facilities to become best in class, with innovation as a central theme in architecture and pedagogy,” said President Ronald Machtley, when this project and other building projects were announced.
- 5 Takeaway’s from Bryant’s 72-63 Win over UNH
- Bryant Falls 72-66 To Akron, Drop to 1-3
- Kuakumensah’s 20 Points Lead Brown Past Bryant 69-62
- Starks Jumper with 1.3 Seconds Left Lifts Bryant Over Denver, 48-46
- Visit to North Carolina Highlights 2015 Bryant Lacrosse Schedule
- Bryant Hangs Around, But Falls 66-53 to UConn
- Bryant Beats Sacred Heart 91-85 in Double OT Thriller
- Winning Streak Snapped, Bryant Falls 66-57 to Harvard
- Bryant Edges FDU 74-71, Clinch Postseason Berth
- Bryant Releases 2015 Football Schedule
- Bryant’s Starks Earns NEC Player of the Week Honors
- Bryant’s McCray Earns Big Honors from CFPA and ECAC
- Bryant Bulldogs Basketball Season Preview
- Bryant vs. UConn Game to Air on ESPN 3
- Bryant Falls to Dartmouth 76-59, Open NEC Play on Saturday
- Bryant Beats Wagner 81-73, Improve to 4-1 in NEC
- Bryant Lax to Visit Marist For NCAA Tourney Play-in Game
- Bryant Lax Coach Pressler to Appear on 60 Minutes on Sunday
- Bryant Lax Falls 10-6 to Marist in NCAA Tourney Play-in Game
- Bryant Football Picked as Preseason Favorite in NEC
- NEW: Bryant Alum Joe O’Shea Signs Pro Contract in Dutch Basketball League
- Bryant’s Tournament Run Ends as they Fall 66-53 to Robert Morris