Brown Announces 250th Anniversary Celebration Plans
Thursday, January 30, 2014
It refers to a 250th anniversary, such as the one Brown is celebrating this year. In a letter Wednesday, Paxson reflected on the University's history and invited alumni, staff, and community members to begin a 15-month celebration the weekend of March 7th and 8th.
The kick-off weekend will feature architectural and historical tours, museum exhibits, public addresses and readings by distinguished professors and alumni, performances, a home game versus Harvard and even, Paxson promises, a birthday cake.
For more information about Brown's history or the upcoming celebrations, check out the Brown 250 site, also unveiled this morning.
Related Slideshow: New England Colleges With the Best Undergraduate Teaching
U.S. News & World Report released a survey conducted in 2013 of college administrators on the best schools for undergraduate teaching. Several New England made their lists for best National Universities, Liberal Arts Colleges, and Regional Universities. See which schools made the lists in the slides below:
- Brown Beats Binghamton 74-57 In Opener
- NEW: Brown Poll Says Raimondo Leads Taveras in Democratic Primary
- RI Legends To Be Honored at Brown-URI Game
- Brown Beats Sacred Heart 85-73
- NEW: Brown University’s “BrainGate” Program Wins $1M Prize
- Rob Horowitz: A Teaching Lesson at Brown
- NEW: Brown Biochemist Receives $1.625M Award for Diabetes Research
- NEW: Brown Students Conduct Sit-In At President’s Office
- Brown + RISD Students Design House For International Competition
- NEW: Brown Prof Apologizes for Comments on Politicians’ Sexuality
- NEW: Famed Author Jamaica Kincaid to Read at Brown University
- Brown Falls To Northwestern 58-52
- Patriots pull a stunner, beat the Browns 27-26
- NEW: Brown, PC Represented in Fall 2013 White House Internships
- The Brown Alumni Who Run This Country
- Spooney, Seniors Lead Brown To 48-7 Romp at Columbia
- NEW: MSNBC’s Chris Hayes to Lead Media Panel Discussion at Brown
- Albany Tops Brown 74-68
- NEW: Brown Endowment Earned 12.6% in FY 2013
- New: Raymond Kelly’s Lecture At Brown Closed Due To Disruptions
- Brookings Fellow and Author Jennifer Bradley to Speak at Brown
- NEW: Brown President Addresses Kelly Lecture Incident
- NEW: RI Native and Former Obama Adviser Donilon to Speak at Brown
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.