BREAKING: Senate Passes Marriage Equality
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Once through the House, the bill will be presented to Governor Lincoln Chafee who has been openly supportive of the legislation.
"The vote happened and we prevailed after many many years of trying to make it happen," said Senator Donna Nesslebush (D-Pawtucket). "I've never had a prouder moment as a person or as a senator."
- Mayors Rally Around Gay Marriage Legislation
- LISTEN: Will Gay Marriage make it out of the Senate Judiciary Committee?
- Gay Marriage in Rhode Island: GoLocal Coverage Highlights
- Gay Marriage Passes Senate Judiciary Committee, Going to Full Senate
- NEW: Gemma Backs Obama, Announces Support for Gay Marriage
- BREAKING: Chafee Signs Executive Order Recognizing Out-of-State Gay Marriages
- NEW: House of Representatives Will Hear Gay Marriage Bill Tuesday
- Do RI Voters Want to Decide Gay Marriage at the Polls?
- NEW: RI Senate GOP Unanimously Supports Gay Marriage Bill
- Don Roach: Gay marriage debate at the tipping point
- NEW: Treasurer Raimondo Voices Support for Gay Marriage
- Gay Marriage Bill Introduced in Rhode Island
- Obama Endorses Gay Marriage: Will RI Support Equality?