Bourdain, CNN’s Host of “Parts Unknown” is Dead of Suicide
Friday, June 08, 2018
CNN confirmed that Anthony Bourdain, the award-winning storyteller and writer has died. He was 61.
Bourdain's death was suicide.
His suicide comes just days after fashion designer Kate Spade took her own life in her New York City apartment.
"It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain," the network said in a statement Friday morning. "His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller. His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time."
Bourdain was in France working on an upcoming episode of his award-winning CNN series "Parts Unknown."
According to reports, his close friend Eric Ripert, the French chef, found Bourdain unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning.
In 2013, Peabody Award judges honored Bourdain and "Parts Unknown" for "expanding our palates and horizons in equal measure."
"He's irreverent, honest, curious, never condescending, never obsequious," the judges said. "People open up to him and, in doing so, often reveal more about their hometowns or homelands than a traditional reporter could hope to document."
- Excessive Dieting Linked to Suicide Attempts—RI Hospital Study
- NEW: Reed Announces $2.7 Million for RI Suicide Prevention and Mental Wellness
- New Suicide Prevention Initiatives in Rhode Island
- Travis Rowley: Froma Harrop - Suicide Pilot
- NEW: Senator Reed Secures Federal Funding For Suicide Prevention Program
- How To Talk To Your Kids About Suicide—Bradley Expert
- Comic Robin Williams’ Death Puts Spotlight on Depression, Suicide
- Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide, Says Prison Officials
- “13 Reasons Why” Opening The Discussion About Youth Suicide & Prevention
- 2 Brothers Identified as Suicide Bombers in Brussels Attacks
- Revenge Porn, The “Taylor Swift Tax” & Assisted Suicide - This Week at the State House
- NEW: RI Coalition Against Domestic Violence Addresses Recent Murder-Suicide