Boston’s Bid for 2024 Olympics Is Over
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
According to Walsh, he is under great pressure to sign the host city's contract, but wont "mortgage the future away" and wants to protect Boston's tax payers.
"If committing to signing a guarantee today is what is required to move forward, then Boston is no longer pursuing the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games," said Walsh in a press conference on Monday.
Following Monday's press conference, numerous reports have stated that United States Olympic Committee had severed ties with Boston and would now have just seven weeks to find a new host city if they wanted another shot at hosting the Olympics in the U.S.
- Boston 2024 To Support Statewide Olympic Ballot Referendum
- Boston 2024 Unveils “Version 2.0” Plans For Olympic Games
- Michelle Kwan, Bird, Ortiz Highlight Boston 2024 Board of Directors
- Cranston’s Castelli, Shnapir tied for 5th at Olympics
- The 25 Greatest Olympic Athletes from Rhode Island
- RI Academy Training Next Generation of Olympic Fencers
- GoLocalProv Announces Summer Olympic Coverage - Contributors to Report from London
- Special Olympics Starts Holiday Auction on Sunday, December 7
- Fundraiser To Send Beisel’s Family To Olympics For First Time
- The Greatest Rhode Island Olympic Hockey Players
- NEW:Former PC Runner Finishes Top 20 in Olympic Marathon
- NEW: Providence’s Kim Smith finishes 15th in Olympic marathon
- Ron Wilson: From RI to the Olympics and Beyond