Bill Calls for Stricter Punishment for Dangerous Drivers
Wednesday, April 06, 2011
• Mandate that judges suspend the license of any driver who leaves the scene of an incident resulting in serious bodily injury.
• Significantly increase the amount of time for license suspensions and revocations.
• Increase sentences of imprisonment for people convicted of driving to endanger, which is defined as driving with “reckless disregard for the safety of others.”
• With regards to driving under the influence, it would provide for discretionary ignition interlock—a penalty that consists of installing a breathalyzer to the dashboard of the car and requiring the operator to blow an acceptable BAC before the vehicle can be turned on.
The bill is sponsored by Raymond Gallison, D-Bristol, Portsmouth.
If you valued this article, please LIKE GoLocalProv.com on Facebook by clicking HERE.
- The Most Dangerous Rural Intersections and Roads - Top 35
- The Most Dangerous Rural Roads - Top 10 Major Roads
- The Most Dangerous Rural Roads - Top 10 Minor Roads
- RI’s Most Dangerous Intersections – Top 50
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.