MA State Police and DA for Worcester County Investigating Death of Aaron Hernandez
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Hernandez was found unresponsive in his cell shortly after 3 a.m. Wednesday morning. He was taken to UMass-Memorial Health Alliance Hospital in Leominster where he was pronounced dead an hour later.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner is conducting an autopsy in Boston to determine the cause and manner or death.
Hernandez was acquitted in Suffolk Superior Court on charges of killing Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado in a drive by shooting in the South End of Boston on July 16, 2012.
Hernandez was also acquitted of witness intimidation for shooting prosecution witness Alexander Bradley in 2013 in Florida.
He was convicted of having illegal possession of a firearm.
Hernandez is serving a life sentence for the murder of Odin Lloyd, which he was found guilty of in April of 2015.
Related Slideshow: The National Felony League - see the NE Patriots
NFL database can be found at U-T San Diego - the source.
Issued a misdemeanor summons for marijuana possession in Lafayette, La., after routine search turned up four cigarettes.
Pleaded no contest, suspended five-month jail sentence, 40 hours of community service, 20-hour substance abuse program, $300 fine, $231 in court costs.
Arrested, charged with assault with a dangerous weapon and unlawful possession of a high-capacity firearm. He allegedly pointed gun at live-in girlfriend's head. Released by team the next day. Prosecutors later dismissed charges when the woman refused to testify against him.
- Patriots Star Aaron Hernandez Arrested
- NEW: Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murder + 5 Gun-Related Charges
- NEW: Hernandez Being Investigated In 2012 Double-Murder
- Leonardo Angiulo: Aaron Hernandez Should Probably Lawyer Up
- GoLocal Sports tackles Hernandez, Bruins and more
- Patriots’ Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder case
- NEW: Hernandez Involved In Run-Ins With Providence Police
- NEW: Reports Saying Hernandez Arrest Imminent
- Belichick on Hernandez: “Personally, I’m hurt.”
- Hernandez claims innocence - in letter from jail
- NEW: Aaron Hernandez’s House on Sale for $1.49 Million
- Meet the Candidates: Jonathan Anselmo Hernandez
- NEW: Former Patriots Star Hernandez Cleared of Double Murder Charges
- Hernandez Indicted for Shooting Witness in the Face
- Nguyen: The Civil Suits Against Aaron Hernandez
- NEW: Aaron Hernandez Indicted on Double Murder Charge
- Is Rhode Island Media Coverage of Hernandez Trial Overkill?
- Hernandez Guilty of First Degree Murder
- Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide, Says Prison Officials