Whitcomb on Matt Brown’s Return to RI Politics, Providence Speed Cameras, & Trump Tariffs
Thursday, March 08, 2018
Whitcomb also spoke to former Trump staffer Sam Nunberg's bizarre press behavior following his subpoena by Special Counsel Robert Mueller -- and Trump's tariff proposal and prospects.
In addition, Whitcomb weighed in on the Providence speed cameras -- coming out in support of the policy in order to slow speeding and raise revenue.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- LIVE: Residential Property’s Lapides: Goal is $1 Billion in Sales in 2018
- Wednesday on LIVE: Italian Winemaker Rivetti, Former Obama Advisor Coderre & Whitcomb
- Thursday on LIVE: PC Professor Williams, Filmmaker Fitch, Hypnotist Santos Jr.
- LIVE: PC’s Williams Says Predatory Bacteria Could Be Alternative to Antibiotics
- LIVE: Filmmaker Fitch On The Social Change “Island Soldier” Documentary Made
- LIVE: Historian Wood On Founding Fathers Adams & Jefferson’s Contentious Friendship
- LIVE: American University’s Lawless Talks Kushner, Hicks, Lewinsky, and More
- LIVE: Cranston’s Lamantia On Breakthrough Country Album “Every Bad Habit”
- Tuesday on LIVE: Historian Wood, PPS’s Runyon & Professor Lawless
- LIVE: Great Gadget Deals With CNET’s Cheapskate Broida
- LIVE: PPS’s Runyon Looks to Prioritize Saving Industrial Trust Building In 2018
- LIVE: Cumberland’s Santos Jr. Helps Others Through Hypnosis
- Ruggerio on LIVE: I’m Open to Revised PawSox Legislation
- LIVE: NASA’s Arcand On Using Virtual Reality To Walk Among Stars
- LIVE: Lawless on Conway’s Hatch Act Violation, Nunberg’s Bizarre Behavior, & Hope Hicks’ Prospects
- LIVE: The Woman Project Strives To Make Change Through Art
- LIVE: RI Latino PAC’s Molina Flynn: Next Steps for DACA & 3,000+ Dreamers in RI
- Wednesday on LIVE: Secretary of State Gorbea, PC Men’s Hockey Coach Leaman & The Taste
- LIVE: Tenor, Tomlinson, on Upcoming “Tomorrow’s Stars Today” Concert
- Tuesday on LIVE: NASA’s Arcand, PPAC’s Singleton & Lawyer Molina Flynn On Next Steps for DACA
- Friday on LIVE: The Hodgetwins, Actor Ricardo, Filmmaker Overton
- LIVE: Broadway Actor, Ricardo, on Beautiful: A Carole King Musical Tour
- Monday on LIVE: Film Critic Randolph, Soloist Tomlinson & Business Monday
- LIVE: Artistic Director, Kevin Broccoli on Epic Theater’s Edgy Upcoming Season
- Thursday on LIVE: Nutritionist Mulligan, Art Educator Carpentier, Organizing Expert MacRae