LIVE: Whitcomb on Al Franken’s Demise, St. Joseph’s Pension Debacle, and More
Saturday, December 09, 2017
Whitcomb is the former Editor of the editorial page of the Providence Journal and is now a columnist for GoLocalProv. His column is featured every Sunday.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- LIVE: Sojourner House’s Volz Talks About Domestic Violence During The Holidays
- LIVE: Gilsdorf Expands Successful Creative Writing Program GrubStreet in Prov
- LIVE: Pawtucket Based Artist Burkett Directs First Art Providence Holiday Show
- Tuesday on LIVE: Prof. Lawless, Former RI Hospital President Iannuccilli, & The Horse-Eyed Men
- Volness Talks about Winter Warmer, New Music Concert with Verdant Vibes on LIVE
- LIVE: Bestselling RI Author Land on New Book “Strong To The Bone”
- Friday on LIVE: US Olympic Curler Shuster & Bestselling Author Land
- LIVE: Jennifer Jane Talks “Pop-Up” Holiday Bazaar in Providence on Saturday
- LIVE: Children’s Friend Sponsors 1,550 RI Families For Holiday Drive
- LIVE: Olympian Shuster Talks About Making U.S. Curling History & 2018 Winter Games
- LIVE: RI Premiere of “Church’” at The Wilbury Theatre
- LIVE: Performance by The Horse-Eyed Men
- Bottles Fine Wines’ Taylor Explains How Wine is Certified as Kosher on LIVE’s The Taste
- OSHEAN President Marble Talks Technology, Net Neutrality on GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Over 60 Vendors Participate In The Providence Flea Holiday Markets
- Friday on LIVE: Musician Taylor, Nutritionist Mulligan & Columnist Whitcomb
- Thursday on LIVE: RI Comedy Hall of Fame’s Collins & Providence’s Monteiro
- Rabbi Dolinger Explains Origins of Hanukkah on LIVE’s The Taste
- Eastern Medicine Singers’ Jamieson Performs on LIVE, 8th Annual Drum Feast on Weds
- Wednesday on LIVE: House Finance Chair Abney & The Grange’s Yaffe
- Iannuccilli on “Growing Up Italian”—and His Latest Book on LIVE
- Restaurant Owner Yaffe Announces Wildflower Will Expand in 2018 on LIVE’s The Taste
- LIVE Nutrition: Healthy Eating During The Holidays