Superstar Writer Mezrich Talks About His New Book and Upcoming Trip to RI
Sunday, July 02, 2017
Mezrich has a new book coming out on July 4 -- and will be visiting Rhode Island on July 8.
His new book, Woolly: The True Story of the Quest to Revive One of History’s Most Iconic Extinct Creatures, is already being made into a movie.
"I've always been obsessed with woolly mammoths -- I always wanted to be Michael Crichton,“ said Mezrich.
"[In this book], the scientists are the good guys, and they're making the woolly mammoth for good reasons.This will be different from other 'monsters-go-haywire' movies,” he said.
Saturday, July 8 is an opportunity to meet Mezrich and researcher George Church, whose scientific research inspired this exciting new novel. The event is 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the Anthony Quinn Estate Bristol.
Tickets include a signed copy of the book and all proceeds will benefit the Anthony Quinn Foundation Scholarship Program
More About Mezrich
He has written more than a dozen top selling books and two of his best sellers Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six MIT. Students Who Took Vegas for Millions and The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook, a Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal were made into blockbuster movies 21 and The Social Network.
Mezrich is ranked on Hollywood Reporter’s annual hot list: Hollywood’s 25 Most Powerful Authors.
Bringing Down the House spent sixty-three weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, and sold over 2 million copies in fifteen languages.
- LIVE: Goatscaping With “Herd of Hope” Choosing Goats, Not Chemicals To Clear Land
- LIVE: URI Hurricane Expert Ginis Builds Models of High Impact Hurricane Scenarios
- LIVE: Filmmaker Kenny Young Talks About Animated Dog Fighting Film, “Chance”
- LIVE: Sam Hood Adrain Performs Song from New Musical “The Untitled Shape Show”
- LIVE: RI Composer Schlink Brings Original Production Queen Boudicca: A Metal Opera to Fringe PVD
- Thursday’s LIVE Features Dating App “Hater” - NASA’s Scientist, and More
- Matunuck Oyster Bar’s Raso Announces Purchase of New Marina on LIVE’s The Taste
- LIVE: Opponents to PawSox-Apex Deal to Gear Up for Latest Battle
- Hemenway’s Chef Peterson Announces New Dinner & Dessert Menu on LIVE’s The Taste
- Lobster Pot Chef Lee Introduces Lobster Pizza on LIVE’s The Taste
- DeWolf Tavern’s Viswanath Discusses Bringing Diversity to Menu on LIVE’s The Taste
- RIDE Commissioner, Goatscaping, & a Hurricane Expert on Monday’s GoLocal LIVE
- Russ Moore on GoLocal LIVE Talking “Who’s Hot and Who’s Not”
- LIVE: Progress Continues On East Greenwich Animal Protection League’s New Building
- LIVE: Creating a Customer Experience Is Key To Luca & Danni Success
- LIVE: Paralyzed to Ironman - RI’s Theroux Talks New Book “Fillet To Finish”
- LIVE: Rhode Islanders to Rally Against U.S. Senate’s “Trumpcare” Legislation on Wednesday
- LIVE: Follow the Money - RI Native & DC Consultant Sullivan on Obamacare Repeal
- LIVE: NASA Scientist Arcand Talks Black Holes, Asteroids & Total Solar Eclipse
- LIVE: Rhode Island Museum of Science and Art Opens Permanent Home
- LIVE: Pawtucket Native Alper Creates Dating App Hater, Matching People Based On What They Hate
- Top American Author Ben Mezrich Joins GoLocal LIVE on Friday