Sen. Sheehan Discusses the Need for a New PawSox Deal on GoLocal LIVE
Thursday, November 09, 2017
Sheehan raises concerns about the long-term viability of minor league baseball, the requirement that the City of Pawtucket and Rhode Island take on the obligation for the bonds, and whether this is Rhode Island's most important spending priority.
Just 29 percent of Rhode Islanders support the proposal. See poll below.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Kinch: PawSox Must Put Up More Money for Deal to Work
- RI GOP’s Mendonca on PawSox, Trump, 2018 and More, on LIVE
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Brawl on the PawSox with Dufault, Fenton, Stenhouse & Rickman
- Dates Announced for PawSox Stadium Legislation Hearings
- Frias Goes Door-to-Door in Mattiello’s District Voicing Opposition to PawSox Stadium Funding
- Leading Stadium Expert deMause: “I Can’t See How PawSox Bonds Will Be Paid Back”
- Moral Obligation for PawSox Funding is the Same as 38 Studios Legislation
- 7 Questions the PawSox Need to Answer in Hearings
- This Friday Night On The Coalition Talk Radio - It’s a PawsoxPalooza
- Democrats, Labor Stack Hearing for PawSox Funding Scheme at RI State House
- Raimondo’s Close Friend Sen. Booker Pushing Federal Bill that Would Kill PawSox Deal
- Libertarian Party Candidate Hunt Jr. Slams PawSox Stadium Proposal
- Tough Questions Emerging for the PawSox Proposal
- Kinch Says PawSox Deal is a Threat to Pawtucket’s Finances
- On LIVE Thursday: Festival Ballet, Kinch on PawSox, and Dem’s McNamara & Much More
- PawSox Deal is in Chaos
- Sasse Says RI Commerce Failed to Properly Review PawSox Deal
- I Will Vote Against Current PawSox Deal: Guest MINDSETTER™ Sheehan
- Facing Overwhelming Public Opposition for PawSox Deal, What is Next for Owners
- PawSox to Host Annual Open House & BallYard Sale at McCoy Stadium
- RI Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Endorses New PawSox Stadium at Slater Mill
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll - RI on Wrong Track, PawSox Opposition and More
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Paolino Goes 1-On-1 with PawSox Consultant Rosentraub
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll: RIers Overwhelmingly Oppose Public Funding for the PawSox Stadium
- PawSox Deal Looks Dead for 2017, Mattiello Raises Concerns