Rickman’s The Big View: The Outrageous American Gun Problem
Monday, February 19, 2018
This week he talks about America's outrageous gun problem -- the problem and the critical need to take action.
Rickman has been one of Rhode Island's leaders in government, human rights, and issues of equality for more than 30 years.
Each week, Rickman offers his insights and opinion on the issues that matter most to Rhode Island, the country, and the world.
He is the co-founder of the non-profit Stages of Freedom and heads the public affairs firm — The Rickman Group. He is a former State Representative and Deputy Secretary of State for RI.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Rickman’s The Big View - Trump and Nazis
- Rickman’s The Big View - Trump and North Korea
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” - Violet, Rickman, Paolino and Fenton
- Rickman’s The Big View - Failed Schools
- National Assoc. of Black Law Enforcement Officers to Honor Rickman, Watson
- Rickman’s The Big View - Offers Reward for Identifying Graffiti Artists
- Rickman’s The Big View - “Civility”
- Rickman’s Big View - “The Complex World of Schools, War, and Segregation”
- Thursday on LIVE: Rickman, Child and Family, Providence Kayak Co. & Pangea App
- Rickman’s Big View- Healthcare
- “Rickman’s Big View” - Weekly Video Opinion - Why Do GOP Want to Reverse the Clock?
- Rickman’s Big View - Trumpcare Chaos
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Brawl on the PawSox with Dufault, Fenton, Stenhouse & Rickman
- Rickman’s Big View - The Challenges Facing RI’s Children
- Rickman’s Big View - America’s Endless “Native American” Disrespect
- Rickman’s Big View - Preserving Providence
- Rickman’s Big View - The Power of Jobs
- Rickman’s Big View - Tax Reform is Not
- Rickman’s Big View - Guns, Guns and More Guns
- Rickman’s Big View: Time to Act to Control Guns in America
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Paolino, Rickman, Stenhouse, Miller and Mancuso
- Rickman’s Big View - “Creatures of Their Times”
- Rickman’s Big View - Sexual Harassment
- Rickman’s The Big View: Leave Americans Alone