RI Transgender Activist Lomazzo: “We’re at Our Wits End with Trump Administration”
Thursday, July 27, 2017
"I wasn't shocked or surprised - most trans people aren't shocked," Lomazzo told GoLocal's Kate Nagle. "We've been let down for years from the government, from Democrats and Republicans alike.
Lomazzo spoke to both a protest taking place this coming Saturday, as well as an upcoming fundraiser taking place at the Dark Lady in Providence in August as ways to increase awareness for the needs of the trans community.
"The conversation is not going away until we have legal protections and social acceptance," said Lomazzo.
- UPDATED: Mount Saint Charles Academy Bans Transgender Students
- NEW: Mount Saint Charles’ Statement Defends Ban on Transgender Students
- Mount Alum Issues Open Letter on YouTube Against School’s Transgender Discrimination
- NEW: Mount Saint Charles Alumni Mobilize to Reverse Transgender Policy
- Conservatives Blast Education Policy on Transgender Discrimination
- New England’s Pro Teams Join Forces to Support Transgender Equality
- BREAKING: Mount Issues 2nd Statement - Apologizes for “Hurt Feelings” and Reaffirms Transgender Ban
- RECAP: Mount Saint Charles’ Ban on Transgender Children and Reaction
- Rep. Ajello Says Transgender Bathroom Bill is Not Necessary in RI
- 15 Organizations Urge RI School Districts to Reaffirm Support for Transgender Students
- NEW: Curt Schilling Fired by ESPN After Anti-Transgender Facebook Post
- Alumni React: Mount Saint Charles’ Removal of Ban on Transgender Students
- EXCLUSIVE: Mount Saint Charles Removes Ban on Transgender Students
- RI Dem Party, Cicilline Blast Trump’s Plan to Ban Transgender Military Members