RI GOP Senate Candidate Flanders on Refusing Opioid Co. Money, on LIVE
Thursday, March 15, 2018
"In the last two years, there have been 629 known opioid-related deaths in Rhode Island. And all the while, Sheldon Whitehouse has taken their money for his campaign, and for his own wallet," said Flanders. "The idea that a sitting United States Senator is profiting from this crisis - both politically and personally - is sickening. It's time Whitehouse showed a spine, stood up to the manufacturers causing this crisis, and said enough is enough."
Flanders spoke to his positions on guns, immigration, and President Donald Trump's performance -- good and bad -- on office, to date.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Former Supreme Court Justice Flanders Jumps to New Law Firm
- UPDATED: Flanders Leaves Board of Regents to be Central Falls Receiver
- NEW: Chafee, Flanders Unveil Fiscal Plan For Central Falls
- Donna Perry: RI Should Follow The Flanders’ Road Map
- Nardolillo Blasts GOP Senate Opponent Flanders for Democratic Contributions
- Travis Rowley: Crowley’s Corruption, Not Flanders’ Folly
- Rep. Nardolillo Blasts Raimondo Over New Tourism Campaign
- NEW: Flanders Out as Central Falls Receiver
- Donna Perry: Communities in Crisis and the Flanders Roadmap
- NEW: City Severs Ties With $395/Hour Advisor Robert Flanders
- U.S. Senate Candidate Nardolillo’s Daughter Investigated for Bullying, He Says Girls Being Girls
- Nardolillo Questions Raimondo’s Free College Tuition Plan Not Excluding Illegal Immigrants
- Rep. Nardolillo to Propose Legislation Reinstating E-Verify
- NEW: Rep. Nardolillo Calls for RI to Halt Consideration of Syrian Refugees
- Nardolillo Wants to Make Standing in State Road Medians Illegal
- Nardolillo Says Improving U.S. Economy is Due to Trump
- Nardolillo Blasts Raimondo Over DACA “Special Treatment”
- Nardolillo Blasts Senator Whitehouse for Government Shut Down
- Rolling Stone Features Nardolillo Proposal to Tax Violent Video Games for Mental Health Funding
- LIVE: Nardolillo on Opposition to Moore, Helping RI Vets, and More
- U.S. Senate Candidate Nardolillo’s Says He Will Focus on Small Business
- Nardolillo Blasts Whitehouse for Role in US Opioid Addiction Epidemic
- Nardolillo Applauds Passing of Federal Tax Reform Legislation By Senate
- Top Whitehouse Staffer is Also Long-time Member of All-White Bailey’s Beach Club
- Moore: Whitehouse Should Defend Association With Bailey’s
- VIDEO: U.S. Senator Whitehouse Won’t Quit All-White Exclusive Private Club
- Exclusion, Whitehouse, and Bailey’s Beach - Guest MINDSETTER™ Mike Araujo
- Minority Leaders Speak Out on Whitehouse’s Membership to All-White Bailey’s Beach
- Whitehouse Refuses to Answer Questions on All White Club, Family is One of Largest Shareholders
- Sheldon Whitehouse’s “White Only” Summer Beach Club
- New Poll Shows Senator Whitehouse Vulnerable
- Whitehouse Gives Trump Failing Grade in “Drain the Swamp” Report Card
- Dear Senator Whitehouse: You Can Walk Back Your Support of Power Plant “Process”
- NAACP Youth Council’s McCloud on Sen. Whitehouse, Helping Harvey Victims, and More
- Whitehouse to Give Weinstein’s $1,000 Donation to Day One in Providence
- UPDATED: Majority of Dem Senators Call for Franken to Resign, Reed and Whitehouse Respond
- Whitehouse Takes Thousands from Execs and PAC at Net Neutrality Killer Comcast
- Stewart: Could a Green Candidate Doom Whitehouse and Allow a GOP Win?
- Reed, Whitehouse Among Congress Members Demanding Answers on Health of Narragansett Bay
- Prof. Lawless Joins GoLocal LIVE and Discusses Trumps Tax Cuts and Whitehouse’s Opioid Problem
- NEW: Whitehouse Dined With Ivanka Trump & Jared Kushner, According to Reports
- Whitehouse’s Secret Dinner at Kushner & Trump’s Home Raises Questions of Conflict with Investigation