Revolutionizing Fitness, P90X Creator Tony Horton on LIVE
Friday, September 01, 2017
Tony Horton revolutionized health and fitness when he created the best-selling P90X fitness series, although he says becoming a fitness icon wasn’t part of a plan.
“It was a complete fluke, it was not my intention. I did not have a fitness background of any kind. Then I started learning a little more,” Horton says, “then my first celebrity client was Tom Petty. Then it blew up.”
It’s Horton’s dedication to promoting a healthy lifestyle through exercise and proper nutrition that has transformed his fitness brand into a motivational and personal care empire.
Born in Westerly, Horton has ties to Rhode Island. While attending the University of Rhode Island, Horton says he learned fitness was about finding a balance.
“There was a semester at URI that changed my life and it was a weight lifting course,” Horton says.
In the interview with GoLocal LIVE Horton talked about social media’s influence on health and fitness, recovering from injury, eating vegan and nutrition as well as the importance of rest and recovery.
- LIVE: Filmmaker Ana Gonzalez on her RI Hip-Hop Documentary, “Almost Dope”
- LIVE: 6 Tips For Buying A Laptop For College - CNET contributor Rick Broida
- LIVE: 19-Year-Old Singer/Songwriter Rennick Overcomes Chronic Disease to Headline at Met Cafe
- GoLocal LIVE: Central Falls Supt Capellan on Opportunities—and Challenges—This School Year
- LIVE: Providence Improv Guild Turns Five Years Old
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s Emerging Leaders: Richard Norris
- LIVE: Broadway News from The Broadway Blog’s Matthew Wexler
- LIVE: Bring Your Own Improv, RI’s Family Friendly Improv Group
- LIVE: Brandon’s Beach Playground at Burnside Park Opens
- LIVE: Bios Urn, A Biodegradable Urn That Grows A Tree From Ashes
- LIVE: Newport Historical Society Hosts Reenactment of British Occupation of Newport’s Old Quarter
- LIVE: Data From URI Shark Research Suggests Mako Sharks Are Overfished
- LIVE: DARE Calls on RI Housing to Make Greater Effort to Address Affordable Housing
- LIVE: Brussat Talks New Book, “Lost Providence” - Warns Providence of New Development
- LIVE: Latest on ACLU Medical Marijuana Battle Against Smithfield
- LIVE: RI’s Pontenza on How Rhythm & Roots Festival Saved & Launched Her Career
- Organize LIVE: 10 Ways to Simplify Your Laundry Routine
- LIVE: Dutra Talks About Over 40 Years of Dance Education at The Carolyn Dutra Dance Studio
- LIVE: Tony Estrella on The Gamm’s 2017-2018 Season
- LIVE: Preserving Vintage Video Games At Rhode Island Computer Museum
- LIVE: Professor Talks About Students at Salve Regina Work on Cyber Defense Study
- LIVE: iLuminate Dance Captain, Lisa Bauford, Talks Tech & Dance Steps
- LIVE: Pitts-Wiley on Exult Choir’s 10th Annual ‘Greatness of Gospel’ Concert
- LIVE: Drone Classes Now Offered at One Local College