Providence City Council Ward 8 Candidate Taylor on GoLocal LIVE
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Taylor spoke to his involvement in the community from getting lights for the Elmwood Little League field to getting mattresses removed from the streets, and how now in his retirement, he feels he's best equipped to represent his neighborhood.
Presently, the Ward 8 seat is held by Wilbur Jennings, Jr. He is a long-time member of the Council and is a retired Providence Public Works Department employee.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- LIVE: Demanding Better in the Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer
- LIVE: Author Polites Helping Cultivate Young Writers Through “Write RI” Competition
- LIVE: New App “BiliScreen” Could Help Detect Pancreatic Cancer
- Tuesday on LIVE: OUT LOUD Theatre’s Hawkridge & Professor Lawless
- LIVE: Trucking Association’s Maxwell on Rhode Island Toll Delay, and More
- LIVE: A Sandy Hook Mother on Turning Grief Into Action
- Friday on LIVE: A Sandy Hook Mother On Turning Grief Into Action
- LIVE: Percussionist Solomon to Perform at The Music Mansion
- Thursday on LIVE: Pulitzer Prize Winner Powers & Former NYT Science Editor Dean
- LIVE: Day One’s Waite Tells Sexual Abuse Survivors to Find Support
- LIVE: Adams Explores Relationship of Labor and Currency Through Art
- Wednesday on LIVE: Race Relations Expert Tatum, Countess Bonacossi & RI Senator Sheehan
- GoLocal LIVE: The Voice’s Emily Luther Discusses Her Experience on the Show
- LIVE: “Tinkered Treasures” Author Major Inspires Creativity
- LIVE: Air Force Veteran Hood On Need For Increasing Veteran Representation
- Monday on LIVE: RI Author DeCesare and EG Council President Cienki
- LIVE: Author DeCesare on Female Empowerment & Entrepreneurship
- LIVE: How to Create a Seating Arrangements In An Open Floor Plan
- LIVE: RI Veteran Sgt. DeCiccio Dedicated To Helping Other Veterans
- LIVE: RI Native Moniz On Performing In Tony Award-Winning Musical “FUN HOME”
- Thursday on LIVE: Actress Moniz, Virtual Reality Business & Whitcomb
- LIVE: Race Relations Expert Tatum on Why Conversations About Race Matter
- LIVE: Organizing For The Holidays
- LIVE: Experiencing Virtual Worlds, Battikha Opens Base Station VR Lounge
- Tuesday on LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Maguire & Professor Lawless