Popular “Alternative ComicCon” Returns to Olneyville Library on Friday
Wednesday, November 08, 2017
Exhibitors include Big Nazo, Providence Comics Consortium, Providence Roller Derby, Providence City Arts for Youth, and more.
Olneyville gamers' club The Board Room has donated a selection of games; local artists Jeremy Ferris and Olivia Horvath will offer a large scale collaborative drawing and an animation workshop, and author, artist and children’s book illustrator Cathren Housley will provide a creative arts workshop. There will be a comic book giveaway and costumes are encouraged.
“Alternative ComicCon exposes people of all ages to the intersection between art, expression, education, and community in a fun and engaging way” said event organizer, Sarah Gluck, Manager of Olneyville Library.
“The event connects the area's families, teens, children, and adults with local organizations to which they can turn for resources or as creative outlets. We aim to strengthen the sense of community between residents and exhibitors and open up new pathways of entertainment, education, and self-expression in the safe space of the library,” she added.
The event is held on Friday, November 10 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
For more information about PCL’s Alternative ComicCon, contact Sarah Gluck [email protected] or visit www.provcomlib.org.
- Providence Community Library’s “Girls Who Code Club” Targets Gender Gap in Computer Careers
- Mark McKenney: Providence Community Library is Too Important To Underfund
- NEW: Providence Community Library Waives Fines for Overdue Books for Food Bank Fundraiser
- NEW: Student Falls From Brown’s Science Library
- GoLocal to Live Stream Providence Community Library Mayoral Debate Today at 6 PM
- “Borrow” Rhode Islanders at Providence Community Library’s Fundraiser
- Shawmut Renovation of St. George’s Library Wins LEED Gold
- Don’t Miss: Listen To Your Mother at Providence Public Library
- Providence Community Library to Celebrate Armenian Heritage Month
- LIVE: Williams Explains His $3 Million Lincoln Library Donation
- Providence Mobile Library to Bring Reading, Enrichment Opportunities to Youth This Summer
- Spanish Blues Artist Bourbon to Play Free Concert at Tiverton Library
- Security Expert Amore to Talk Stolen Artwork at Pawtucket Library This Thursday
- LIVE: Fundraising is Critical for Adams Library in Central Falls
- Author Dinah Fried to Discuss Her Book “Fictitious Dishes” at Prov Public Library
- Redwood Library to Honor Pulitzer Prize Winner Wood
- Newport’s Redwood Library Launches New Admission Policy for 2016
- Redwood Library to Host Seminar on History of Portraits in Colonial New England
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Mental Health, Police in Control, and the Redwood Library
- Popular “Alternative ComicCon” Returns to Olneyville Library on Friday