PC Students Partner with Providence Youth for Community Photo Exhibition on Thursday
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Rigaud, who is from Holbrook, NY, spoke to the course designed to create student connections and to offer opportunities for community-based art.
The Community Lens course met weekly on campus and split into two groups for community engagement with approximately 16 Providence elementary and middle-school youths. Half the PC students met with youths at the Mt. Pleasant Library while the second group went to CityArts for Youth.
The College-community partnership culminates on November 30 with the photo exhibition “Nature of Community,” to be held at CityArts at 891 Broad Street in Providence. Open to the College community and the public, the exhibition will take place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and will feature photos the youths have taken under the mentorship of the Community Lens students.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- LIVE: How To Reduce Your Holiday Waste
- Friday on LIVE: RI Young Republicans Sullivan, Resource Recovery RI’s Noiseux
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s Emerging Leaders-Robert Sullivan
- LIVE: How Collaboration Led To Success For Firestarter Interactive’s Kammerer
- LIVE: RI High School Students Will Speak With Astronaut On Space Station
- LIVE: Black Friday Tech Deals with CNET’s Cheapskate Broida
- LIVE: Strategies For Those In Recovery To Stay Sober Over The Holidays
- LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Maguire Talks New Book “Hiddensee”
- Wednesday on LIVE: GoLocal’s Big Wedding Announcement
- Thursday on LIVE: Former RI Gov. Chafee & Discovering Justice’s Karagianis
- LIVE: 7 Areas to Organize For The Holidays
- LIVE: Must-Have Men’s Fashion for Winter From Blueprint 5
- Tuesday on LIVE: RI Community Food Bank’s Schiff, Actor Paolo
- LIVE: 135 Local Authors Featured At Rhode Island Author Expo
- LIVE: Picking The Perfect Winter Jacket With Personal Stylist Marinelli
- LIVE: Chariho H.S. First In RI To Offer Entrepreneurial Program INCubatoredu
- Tuesday on LIVE: National Voice Actor Westbrook & Professor Lawless
- LIVE: New England Theater Star Hakeem Talks “Crimes of the Heart” at 2nd Story Theater
- Monday on LIVE: Media Expert Talks About Radio’s Financial Problems Plus More
- LIVE: RI Actor Paolo Talks Breaking Into Hollywood With Upcoming TV Appearances
- LIVE: RICCO’s Dr. Markward to Conduct Full Oratorio of “Messiah”
- LIVE: Trinity Rep’s Brazil on Co-Directing 40th Anniversary Rendition of A Christmas Carol
- Wednesday on LIVE: Emmy Award-Winning Chef Lidia
- LIVE: Providence’s Mt. Hope Cowboys President Hughes Talks Trip to Nationals, Fundraising Needs
- LIVE: Lawless on Franken, Conyers, Moore, “Pocahontas”—and More