“PawSox Will End Up on Ballot, or Leave,” Says Former Pawtucket City Councilman Kinch
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Kinch, however, said he didn't believe the new legislation will move though both chambers of the General Assembly when it returns in 2018.
Instead, Kinch predicts a motion to put the question on the ballot in 2018 will succeed -- or if not, the PawSox will opt to leave when their lease at McCoy is up.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Facing Overwhelming Public Opposition for PawSox Deal, What is Next for Owners
- PawSox to Host Annual Open House & BallYard Sale at McCoy Stadium
- On LIVE Thursday: Festival Ballet, Kinch on PawSox, and Dem’s McNamara & Much More
- Kinch Says PawSox Deal is a Threat to Pawtucket’s Finances
- PawSox Deal is in Chaos
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll: RIers Overwhelmingly Oppose Public Funding for the PawSox Stadium
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Paolino Goes 1-On-1 with PawSox Consultant Rosentraub
- Libertarian Party Candidate Hunt Jr. Slams PawSox Stadium Proposal
- Tough Questions Emerging for the PawSox Proposal
- RI Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Endorses New PawSox Stadium at Slater Mill
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll - RI on Wrong Track, PawSox Opposition and More
- Sasse Says RI Commerce Failed to Properly Review PawSox Deal
- I Will Vote Against Current PawSox Deal: Guest MINDSETTER™ Sheehan
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Sheehan: PawSox Deal Breaker
- New PawSox Deal: Cost Spikes to $85M — 16% Increase UPDATED
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Mathieu - Vote Them Out of Office if They Approve New PawSox Deal
- Tuesday on LIVE: Singer Gilman & Kinch on New PawSox Deal
- Lucchino Says PawSox Have Identified Attleboro Site As Alternative to Apex Location in Pawtucket
- Top Union Leader Warns Time Is Running Out for a PawSox Deal
- PawSox Deal Looks Dead for 2017, Mattiello Raises Concerns
- Sen. Sheehan Discusses the Need for a New PawSox Deal on GoLocal LIVE
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Stewart: Supporting PawSox Gentrification Efforts is Not Progressive
- PawSox Claim Potential New Stadium Must Be Pushed Back to 2021 at Earliest