Cocofuel’s Charleson Talks Healthy, Organic, Honey Sweetened Chocolate Made in RI
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
It is the best of chocolate without the worst of processed, sugar-ridden candy. Charleson joined GoLocal LIVE's Business Monday.
Her Cocofuel — which is available at retail throughout New England, including Whole Foods locations throughout the region — is simply a healthier snack. But, please don’t call it “candy” says Charleson.
“Each ingredient is specifically chosen to create a bar that has a smooth texture and delicious taste. Cocofuel was developed as an alternative to commercial chocolate which is loaded with processed sugar or cane sugar and soy lecithin. Honey was chosen because it isn’t processed like refined sugars so just a small amount is needed to balance the cocoa,” says Charleson.
Some of the other benefits of Cocofuel is that “honey (the sweetener) also contains antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. There are four uniquely flavored bars with that will cater to almost any taste preference. Sugars range from 6-10 grams depending on the flavor so no need to feel guilty about having that recommended daily serving. Cocofuel is also low carbohydrate and three flavors are sodium free," says Charleson.
What is next?
For Charleson, the next step in growing her brand is to expand the distribution. “We have really unlimited production capabilities,” says Charleson.
For Cocofuel, part of the momentum has been “fueled” with support from the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation and the Small Business Assistance Program.
For more info go to https://commerceri.com/financing/
- Sasse Overviews Federal Tax Reform Package on GoLocal LIVE’s Business Monday
- Monday on LIVE: John Carter Brown Library’s Safier & Business Monday
- Monday on LIVE: USA Bobsledder Weinstock and Business Monday Kumar, DiBiase & Sasse
- Monday on LIVE: RDW’s Bellini, Newport Vineyards, & Business Monday
- Journalist Dan Gillmor, Photographer Traer Scott & Business Monday on LIVE
- Rhode Island Composer Eric Nathan and Business Monday on LIVE
- Welcome to Business Monday: BankRIBizHub & GoLocalProv Partnership
- BIF’s Kaplan on GoLocal LIVE’s Business Monday Looks at Uber’s Controversial CEO
- Business Monday on Golocal LIVE Features Discussion of RI Budget and Amazon-Whole Foods Deal
- Pryor Says RI’s Economy is in High Gear on GoLocal LIVE’s Business Monday
- Kaplan Discusses Amazon, CVS and Uber on Business Monday on LIVE
- Monday on LIVE: Foolproof’s Garrison, Blueprint 5’s Fortier, & Business Monday
- Monday on LIVE: Decider’s Zalben, Cybersecurity Expert Freedman & Business Monday
- Monday LIVE: Allysen Callery Performs, Journalist Crouse, Nutritionist Hirshberg & Business Monday
- Beliveau Previews New Furniture Exchange on GoLocal LIVE’s Business Monday
- Monday on LIVE: Leland Baker Trio Performs, Athenæum’s Burriesci & Business Monday
- Hassett Talks About Empowering Future Leaders in RI on Business Monday
- Are Traffic Cameras the New Regressive Car Tax? Sasse on Business Monday on LIVE