LIVE: Stop-Action Filmmaker Plate Featured at Vortex Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Horror Film Festival
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
The film, which can really be described as a moving art piece, is the second installment of a trilogy of short films, and will be featured at the Flickers Vortex Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Horror Film Festival happening this week at venues throughout RI.
Plate says the film is about climate change, anxieties, sustainability, and is a “serio-comic response to our angst-ridden times”
Related Slideshow: 20 Can’t Miss Fall Festivals in New England - 2017
September 9 & 10
The Rhode Island Seafood Festival is an annual event, which started in 2011, that brings together the best local sellers of seafood and other fine fare as well as beer, wine and spirits from Ocean State producers.
The festival includes live music, great food and much more.
The festival will go from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
South Kingstown, RI
The third annual Ocean State Beer Festival will take place at Whalers Brewing Company in South Kingstown.
The festival will feature beer from breweries around Rhode Island.
The festival is hosted by the Rhode Island Brewer’s Guild.
The Phantom Gourmet Food Festival is an event to look forward too and it will be held on September 12 from 12- 4 p.m. on two streets next to Fenway Park.
Tickets are $40 in advance and online and will go up to $50 at the event.
The ticket includes sampling 100 of Phantom's foods from hot dogs and pizza to pulled pork and more. Beer and wine will be served on the street.
September 15 - October 1
West Springfield, MA
The Big E in West Springfield, Massachusetts features a circus spectacular, Mardi Gras parade, agricultural competitions, arts & crafts, food contests, live music, and midway.
Sample food and enjoy rides, games, horse shows, historical exhibits and more.
September 15 -16
2017 Fitchburg Greek Festival at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
The 2017 Festival begins at on Friday, September 15 from 5 p.m.to 10 p.m. and continues on Saturday, September 16 from 11 am. to 10 p.m.
The festival will feature an outdoor bar area, a menu including Mezedes, Greek BBQ, and pastries, vendors, music, and dance.
Ocean State Oyster Festival at Riverwalk Park
The Ocean State Oyster Festival hopes to raise awareness and celebrate RI’s aquaculture industry.
The festival will take place on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Providence.
The festival will feature fine local food, beer, wine, and refreshments, local bands & DJs, activities for kids, culinary exhibitors, educational exhibits, a shucking contest.
Purchasing a general admission ticket gets you a half dozen oysters and an ice cold craft beer of your choice.
September 23 & 24
KidsFest 2017 at Wachusett Mountain
Wachusett Mountain, MA
The festival runs from 10 a.m. on the 23rd to 5 p.m. on the 24th.
It will include entertainment such as a BMX Bike Show, Rainforest Reptile Shows Inc., and a Baby Animal Petting Zoo.
There will also be sample skiing and a USA Ninja Warrior Challenge Course.
The Burke Mountain Fall Foliage Festival is one of the biggest festivals of the year in Vermont.
Events at the festival include a parade which begins at 10 a.m., a farm animal petting zoo, horse-drawn carriage rides, a beer and wine tent open from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and live music by Tritium Well from 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
October 5 - November 5
This annual event, created by artists and craftsmen of Passion for Pumpkins, and features 5,000 illuminated jack-o-lanterns, with over 125 of them artistically carved and displayed in scenes to play out the annual theme.
The annual Fall Festival Weekend welcomes the start of a new season with live music every day, a crafts fair and some friendly competition.
That competition includes the 17th Annual North American Wife Carrying Competition where teams will compete and winners will receive the wife's weight in beer and five times her weight in cash.
PHOTO: Sunday River
The New Hampshire Brewfest will feature more than 150 beers from over 50 brewers.
Admission includes entry to the session specified on your ticket, 5oz souvenir sampling cup, beer samples, and live music and festivities
Dive into history at King Richard's Faire, New England's oldest and largest Renaissance Festival and most beloved annual fall event. Dress up, play games and learn a lot at a fair that is a great fall event for the entire family.
The Fair started on September 2 through October 22
- Sweet Berry Farm’s Amaral Talks Apple, Pumpkin & Berry Picking on LIVE’s The Taste
- LIVE: Chachi Carvalho; Rapper, Educator & Youth Advocate
- Sandie Barden Talks of the 20 Types of Apples Their Orchard Offers on LIVE’s The Taste
- Confreda Greenhouses & Farms Celebrates 95 Years in Operation on LIVE’s The Taste
- DC Bump Stock Debate: Former Scalise Staffer & RI Native Sullivan on LIVE
- Broadway News with Matthew Wexler on LIVE
- Passion for Pumpkins Founder John Reckner on LIVE
- LIVE: Custom Made Guitars With Local Luthier David Grande
- LIVE: PRONK! Celebrates 10 Years of Music and Community Activism
- Providence Councilman Salvatore Talks City Finances, Crime, and Schools on LIVE
- LIVE: Stand-up Comedian Carly Aquilino Talks Career, Comedy & Inspiration
- Mayor Avedisian Update on the Warwick Teachers Contract Fight on LIVE
- LIVE: Four Areas to Organize With Your Kids
- LIVE: Creating Stylish Thanksgiving Decor
- SSV Oliver Hazard Perry, Newport Tall Ship Runs Aground
- Oliver Hazard Perry Refutes Running Aground, Responds to Newport Incident
- RI State Police Captain Alfred Talks About Effort to Combat Cyber Threats on LIVE
- RI Actress Amanda Clayton of Tyler Perry’s “If Loving You is Wrong” on LIVE
- LIVE: Artist Begin Previews “The Edge of Light” at Providence Art Club
- LIVE: Crush Fitness Studio Focuses on Empowerment & Community Giving
- Blackbird Farm’s Bouthillette Announces Expansion fo Farmer’s Market to 2 Days on LIVE’s The Taste
- LIVE: Podcasting Duo Chuck and Brad Host Live Halloween Comedy Show
- Woonsocket’s Emily Luther on Singing & The Voice on GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Over 8,000 Expected In Newport for Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival
- LIVE: Southside Cultural Center of RI Hosts Benefit Concert for Hurricane Relief