LIVE: Stages of Freedom Creating RI Black History Tour Booklet
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Rickman says the booklets will be free and available in September thanks to a $1,799 grant from the Herman Rose Fund through the Rhode Island Foundation.
The booklets will feature people, historic events and celebrate African American History and heritage in Rhode Island.
“We’re going to have the really neat stuff, the fun stuff, the furious stuff, the sad events, all the way up to Jeffery Osborne,” Rickman says.
Rickman adds that they are trying to showcase something from all 39 cities and towns within the state.
In terms of tourism and bringing more people into the state, Rickman says there is a significant chance to boost cultural tourism and this booklet could be a good example for other cultures.
The booklet will be available through Stages of Freedom.
- LIVE: New Chowder, New Competition at The Great Chowder Cook-Off
- LIVE: Celebrating World Ocean Day With Mystic Aquarium and A Horseshoe Crab
- LIVE: Inside Look at New, Renovated & Historic Apartments on Downtown Providence Living Tour
- LIVE: Members of “Take It To The Bridge” with Culp Perform & Talk Health
- LIVE: Access and Education Mission for Natural Sunscreen Founder
- LIVE: Four Office Systems To Organize
- LIVE: Star of Netflix’s HUSH, Kate Siegel On Upcoming Projects, Motherhood, & More
- LIVE: Nutrition with Shira Hirshberg - Packing a Healthy Lunch
- LIVE: NYT Best-Selling Author Green Talks New Book “The Sunshine Sisters”
- LIVE: Forefather of Indie Hip-Hop, RI’s Sage Francis, Reinvents Himself in New Group
- LIVE: 12-Year-Old Quadruple Threat, Kayciblu, Performs New Song
- LIVE: Critters, Clinics and Events with Providence Animal Rescue League
- LIVE: Home Design For “Aging in Place” With Robin Garceau
- LIVE: Plastics And The Fight For The Future
- LIVE: First Make Music Rhode Island Festival Set for June 21
- LIVE: Advancements in Migraine Treatment and World Migraine Solidarity Day
- LIVE: Raimondo’s Mixed Signals on Paris & Burrillville, Bradford Dam Removal, and More
- LIVE: Isle Brewers Guild’s Duffy on Craft Beer, Business, and Growth
- LIVE: Rhode Island Designer Andrea Valentini Launching New Fabric
- LIVE: Shopping For Swimwear With Personal Stylist Jill Marinelli
- LIVE: Singer Frenchie Davis on Her RI Pride Performance
- LIVE: RI Jazz Musician Kim Trusty Tells a Story of Resilience
- LIVE: Drag Queen Jacqueline Dimera Talks All Things Drag, Politics, and Pride
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport