LIVE: RISPCA’s Warzycha Discusses Rhode Island Animal Welfare Laws
Saturday, July 01, 2017
Rhode Island Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RISPCA) visited GoLocal LIVE to give an update on the status of multiple animal welfare laws within the state and the city of Providence.
Warzycha says despite the best efforts of animal rights activists, House Bill 6023 died on the Senate floor. The bill aimed to prohibit the confinement of chickens in battery cages.
The Providence City Council approved a Dog Breeding Ordinance in May, and Wazycha says not much changed with current laws already on the books. He says the ordinance was an effort to battle “backyard breeding” or irresponsible breeding.
One more law that made it’s way through state legislation is a bill that mandates state certification for animal control officers. Warzycha says that bill is now waiting on a signature from the Governor.
- LIVE: Broadcast Premiere of RI Native Johnny Gates New, Original Music
- LIVE: Bristol’s DaPonte Jr. is Part of 1st Non-Korean K-Pop Group, EXP Edition
- LIVE: Summer Style & Men’s Swimwear with Blueprint 5
- LIVE: Rhode Island Sea Grant Director Says Program is Still In Jeopardy
- LIVE: Progress Continues On East Greenwich Animal Protection League’s New Building
- LIVE: Sincere Da Emcee Wants the RI Hip Hop Sound to Shine on New Album
- Preview Tuesday’s GoLocal LIVE: Musicians Take Over in the First Hour, Including Johnny Gates
- LIVE: Isle Brewers Guild’s Duffy on Craft Beer, Business, and Growth
- LIVE: Stages of Freedom Creating RI Black History Tour Booklet
- LIVE: RI Community Spay/Neuter Clinic Approaching 50,000 Surgeries
- LIVE: Creating a Customer Experience Is Key To Luca & Danni Success
- LIVE: Paralyzed to Ironman - RI’s Theroux Talks New Book “Fillet To Finish”
- LIVE: Opponents to PawSox-Apex Deal to Gear Up for Latest Battle
- LIVE: Follow the Money - RI Native & DC Consultant Sullivan on Obamacare Repeal
- LIVE: Rhode Island Museum of Science and Art Opens Permanent Home
- LIVE: NASA Scientist Arcand Talks Black Holes, Asteroids & Total Solar Eclipse
- LIVE: Pawtucket Native Alper Creates Dating App Hater, Matching People Based On What They Hate
- LIVE: Rhode Islanders to Rally Against U.S. Senate’s “Trumpcare” Legislation on Wednesday
- LIVE: RI Composer Schlink Brings Original Production Queen Boudicca: A Metal Opera to Fringe PVD
- LIVE: URI Hurricane Expert Ginis Builds Models of High Impact Hurricane Scenarios
- LIVE: Goatscaping With “Herd of Hope” Choosing Goats, Not Chemicals To Clear Land
- LIVE: Filmmaker Kenny Young Talks About Animated Dog Fighting Film, “Chance”
- LIVE: Sam Hood Adrain Performs Song from New Musical “The Untitled Shape Show”
- LIVE: RI History Expert McBurney Publishes New Book “World War II Rhode Island”