LIVE: RI Veteran Sgt. DeCiccio Dedicated To Helping Other Veterans
Saturday, November 11, 2017
He returned to New England with a purpose, to continue serving not only his country but his fellow servicemen and women.
DeCiccio is a full-time student at Salve Regina studying for a masters degree in counseling. He says his end goal is to help veterans manage their Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Veteran outreach continues in daily work life, DeCiccio is the Regional Manager at Veterans Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in New England providing support services to veterans and their families.
Related Slideshow: 2017 RI Veterans Day Events
The ceremony at the Rhode Island Veterans Home begins at 12:30 p.m. .
Grand Opening & Dedication Ceremony for Veterans Memorial Park
The ceremony will take place at the intersection of Hunt and Illinois Streets, the former site of Veterans of Foreign Wars post-1271.
Officials such as Mayor James Diossa, and veterans will speak.
The ceremony will begin at 11 a.m.
The 5th Annual Park View Veterans Day 5k run/walk, as well as a 1-mile kids run, will be held at Roger Williams Park starting at 8:30 a.m. with a kids run, and then the 5K taking place at 9:30 a.m.
All proceeds from the event benefit Operation Stand Down RI.
The Veterans Day Parade will take place starting from Academy Field and will go to First Avenue for a wreath-laying ceremony at the corner of Cliff Street.
The parade will then go North on Main Street the Town Hall for a closing ceremony.
The parade begins at 10 a.m.and is expected to conclude around 11 a.m.
Ceremony at Newport City Hall
The ceremony just in front of the Newport City Hall kicks off at 11 a.m. and will feature the Newport Artillery Company, local veterans' organizations, Rogers High School Army JROTC Viking Battalion, city and legislative officials and much more.
Ceremony to honor Marines
The ceremony will take place at the Marine Corps Monument located at 301 South County Trail.
The ceremony will take place at 1 p.m.
Observance at Town Memorial
An observance of Veterans Day will be conducted by Foster Memorial Post, American Legion.
The observance will take place at 11 a.m.
Parade and Memorial Ceremony
The parade begins at Holly Street and turns onto Main Street, to High Street and concludes at Saugatucket Park, where a memorial ceremony will take place.
The ceremony takes place at 10 a.m.
West Warwick Veterans Council Observance
The ceremony will take place at Veterans Memorial Park.
The guest speaker is Lt. Col. Ronald Tommaro.
The ceremony will take place at 9:30 a.m.
The parade begins at 10:30 a.m. at Berkander Field and Institute Lane and goes onto Danielson Pike before proceeding west to Silk Lane to Greenville Road to the steps of the Old Historical Congregational Church for ceremonies.
Thre will also be a Rededication Ceremony of the Hope Furnace Cannon.
The ceremony will begin at 2 p.m.
The annual parade from Pawcatuck to the Westerly Armory, will take place starting at 9:30 a.m.
Once the parade reaches the armory, there will be ceremonies.
A ceremony and Wreath Laying will be hosted by American Legion Post 18 and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5390, at Portsmouth Town Hall.
Speakers, awards, and presentation of gifts.
The event will take place at 9 a.m.
Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park
The ceremony will take place at Veterans Memorial Park Revolution Fife and Drum and 215th Army Band (Mass. National Guard).
The event will take place at noon.
“A Veterans Day of Honor,” at Twin River Casino
The event will include lunch and both silent and live auctions benefitting R.I. Fire Chiefs Honor Flights for veterans. Tickets are $75.
The event runs from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday on LIVE: Pulitzer Prize Winner Powers & Former NYT Science Editor Dean
- LIVE: Percussionist Solomon to Perform at The Music Mansion
- LIVE: Day One’s Waite Tells Sexual Abuse Survivors to Find Support
- LIVE: Adams Explores Relationship of Labor and Currency Through Art
- Friday on LIVE: A Sandy Hook Mother On Turning Grief Into Action
- LIVE: AS220 Artistic Director Rivera on her Puerto Rico-Inspired FANTASY ISLAND
- LIVE: Fusionworks Dance Company Celebrates 30th Anniversary Season
- LIVE: An Intimate Look at Birds of Prey, Photographer Scott on “Raptors”
- LIVE: Journalist Gillmor on Fighting “Fake News” and Increasing News Literacy
- Tuesday on GoLocal LIVE: Jazz Percussionist Solomon, Prof. Lawless, and More
- Wednesday LIVE: Nat’l Endowment for the Humanities Chairman Peede and “The Taste”
- LIVE: A Sandy Hook Mother on Turning Grief Into Action
- LIVE: Author Polites Helping Cultivate Young Writers Through “Write RI” Competition
- LIVE: Race Relations Expert Tatum on Why Conversations About Race Matter
- Thursday on LIVE: Actress Moniz, Virtual Reality Business & Whitcomb
- LIVE: Organizing For The Holidays
- LIVE: Experiencing Virtual Worlds, Battikha Opens Base Station VR Lounge
- LIVE: RI Native Moniz On Performing In Tony Award-Winning Musical “FUN HOME”
- GoLocal LIVE: The Voice’s Emily Luther Discusses Her Experience on the Show
- Wednesday on LIVE: Race Relations Expert Tatum, Countess Bonacossi & RI Senator Sheehan
- LIVE: Demanding Better in the Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer
- LIVE: New App “BiliScreen” Could Help Detect Pancreatic Cancer
- Tuesday on LIVE: OUT LOUD Theatre’s Hawkridge & Professor Lawless
- LIVE: Trucking Association’s Maxwell on Rhode Island Toll Delay, and More
- LIVE: “Tinkered Treasures” Author Major Inspires Creativity