LIVE: Rep. Ranglin-Vassell on Need for Community Response to Joblessness & Gun Violence in RI
Friday, December 29, 2017
"We believe that the root cause of violence is poverty, please join the planning meeting as we plan the job fair for this spring," wrote Ranglin-Vassell, of the upcoming coordination event in January -- and job fair this spring.
Ranglin-Vassell, who defeated then-Majority Leader John DeSimone in 2016, spoke to her agenda when the General Assembly convenes in 2018 -- including proposing a $15 minimum wage once again.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- LIVE: United States Archivist Ferriero On Preserving Our Nation’s History
- LIVE: Leadership Alliance’s Ghee Says STEM Fields Need Diversity
- Monday on LIVE: Earth Science Women’s Network’s Hastings, Draper & Sasse
- LIVE: RI Podcasters Chuck And Brad Host Christmas Comedy Show
- LIVE: Brown Professor Hastings Working To Eliminate Sexual Harassment In Geoscience Fields
- LIVE: Creating Pomander Centerpieces With Blithewold’s Julie Christina
- LIVE: 9 Organizing Mistakes You Don’t Want To Make
- LIVE: 8th Ranked PC Women’s Hockey Eyes National Tournament
- LIVE: RI Native and Political Consultant Sullivan Talks GOP Post-Moore, Rubio’s Tax Reform Play
- Friday on LIVE: Leadership Alliance’s Ghee and TV Guide’s Zalben
- LIVE: TV Guide’s Zalben on What To Watch This Winter
- Tuesday on LIVE: A Celtic Sojourn’s O’Donovan, WILDEE, & Prof. Lawless
- LIVE: Ways to Give to The Homeless this Holiday Season with Crossroads RI
- PPAC’s “Love Never Dies” Lead Cortes on LIVE: “It’s Just Beautiful”
- LIVE: Dr. Rich on Tackling RI’s Opioid and Drug Overdose Death Epidemic
- Thursday on LIVE: Choreographer Skybetter and “The Silks” Kelly
- LIVE: National Law Enforcement Officer Fatalities Down 10% in 2017
- LIVE: Kelly of The Silks Performs “All I Do” & Talks New Music
- LIVE: Musician Gates Performs “No Vacancy” & Talks Show At The Met
- LIVE: Last-Minute Gift Ideas With Hope and Main’s Montagnon
- LIVE: WGBH Radio Host O’Donovan Talks A Christmas Celtic Sojourn at The Vets
- Wednesday on LIVE: LaSalle Bakery’s Manni & The Guild’s Duffy
- LIVE: Edgewood Residents Ramp Up Fight Against Cumberland Farms—Again
- Thursday on LIVE: Dr. Rich, Musician Gates and a Wedding Special
- Friday on LIVE: Comedian Mencia and Nutritionist Mulligan