LIVE: Regunberg on Single-Payer Legislation & Addressing High Costs of Prescription Drugs
Saturday, January 13, 2018
“Everywhere I go across our state, I hear a similar concern — the monstrous cost of prescription drugs,” said Regunberg (District 4, Providence).
“From my next-door neighbors in Providence, to families in South County, to elders in the East Bay, Rhode Islanders are forced to make upsetting and unacceptable choices between their prescriptions on the one hand and their groceries, housing and basic needs on the other — all while pharmaceutical corporations and their CEOs see profits soar. That’s why the first new piece of legislation I introduced this year is a bill requiring cost transparency and limiting the maximum allowable prices that manufacturers may charge for certain high-cost drugs. The pharmaceutical industry has incredible influence and power. We need policies designed for all of us who can’t afford corporate lobbyists.”
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- LIVE: Creating Accent Walls With Interior Design Expert Garceau
- Monday on LIVE: US Olympian Hamlin, Rancourt of Rhode Races
- LIVE: 3-Steps To Starting A Running Routine in 2018
- Tuesday on LIVE: COAAST Founder Bell, Storyteller Tutson & Prof. Lawless
- LIVE: U.S. Olympian Hamlin on Historic Career & 2018 Winter Games
- LIVE: Providence City Council President Salvatore Talks 2018 Finances & Goals
- LIVE: Environmentalist Spalding on EPA, Climate Change, Budgets and More
- Friday on LIVE: Environmentalist Spalding & Prov City Council President Salvatore
- LIVE: How Addiction Impacts Family With Kandarian of COAAST
- LIVE: RI Author-Illustrator Bradley Shows Her Debut Book “LOVE, MAMA”
- LIVE: Rhode Island Original Supports Community Fitness With Each Sale
- LIVE: COAAST Founder Talks Addiction Support, & Owning Our Story
- Friday on LIVE: Emerge Political Director Gholar & Kreger of Luluna Kombucha
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Brown’s Care New England Play and Why Oprah Won’t Run
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s “State of Corrections”—Retiring Head of Prisons A.T. Wall
- LIVE: Emerge America’s Gholar on Surge of Women Running For Political Office
- LIVE: Luluna Kombucha Co-Owner Kreger On Brewing Kombucha In RI
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Wolff’s White House Book & Marijuana Laws
- LIVE: Actress Huffman Performs “I’m Too Fat For This Show” at Prov. Improv Guild
- LIVE: 6 Ways To Get Organized In The New Year
- LIVE: RI Black Storytellers Celebrates its 20th Annual Funda Festival
- Wednesday on LIVE: Darrell West, Artist Burko, & Cassell of Blount Fine Foods
- LIVE: New England Tech’s Sherman on Top 20 U.S. News and World Report Ranking
- Thursday on LIVE: USA Women’s Hockey Capt. Duggan & DOC Director A.T. Wall