LIVE: PRONK! Celebrates 10 Years of Music and Community Activism
Saturday, October 07, 2017
Kah Yangni, who’s been part of the PRONK! planning committee since 2015, says this year 19 brass bands from around the country, including one band from Brazil, will perform at the festival on South Water Street from 2-10 p.m.
Along with music, Yangni says hundreds of artists and community members will gather to “celebrate art and social change.”
Over the years Yangni says PRONK! has supported artists and local activists, this year at the festival she says you’ll see PRONK! declaring support for DACA and the Black Lives Matter movement through screen printing t-shirts, bags, and bandanas.
Related Slideshow: 20 Can’t Miss Fall Festivals in New England - 2017
September 9 & 10
The Rhode Island Seafood Festival is an annual event, which started in 2011, that brings together the best local sellers of seafood and other fine fare as well as beer, wine and spirits from Ocean State producers.
The festival includes live music, great food and much more.
The festival will go from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
South Kingstown, RI
The third annual Ocean State Beer Festival will take place at Whalers Brewing Company in South Kingstown.
The festival will feature beer from breweries around Rhode Island.
The festival is hosted by the Rhode Island Brewer’s Guild.
The Phantom Gourmet Food Festival is an event to look forward too and it will be held on September 12 from 12- 4 p.m. on two streets next to Fenway Park.
Tickets are $40 in advance and online and will go up to $50 at the event.
The ticket includes sampling 100 of Phantom's foods from hot dogs and pizza to pulled pork and more. Beer and wine will be served on the street.
September 15 - October 1
West Springfield, MA
The Big E in West Springfield, Massachusetts features a circus spectacular, Mardi Gras parade, agricultural competitions, arts & crafts, food contests, live music, and midway.
Sample food and enjoy rides, games, horse shows, historical exhibits and more.
September 15 -16
2017 Fitchburg Greek Festival at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
The 2017 Festival begins at on Friday, September 15 from 5 p.m.to 10 p.m. and continues on Saturday, September 16 from 11 am. to 10 p.m.
The festival will feature an outdoor bar area, a menu including Mezedes, Greek BBQ, and pastries, vendors, music, and dance.
Ocean State Oyster Festival at Riverwalk Park
The Ocean State Oyster Festival hopes to raise awareness and celebrate RI’s aquaculture industry.
The festival will take place on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Providence.
The festival will feature fine local food, beer, wine, and refreshments, local bands & DJs, activities for kids, culinary exhibitors, educational exhibits, a shucking contest.
Purchasing a general admission ticket gets you a half dozen oysters and an ice cold craft beer of your choice.
September 23 & 24
KidsFest 2017 at Wachusett Mountain
Wachusett Mountain, MA
The festival runs from 10 a.m. on the 23rd to 5 p.m. on the 24th.
It will include entertainment such as a BMX Bike Show, Rainforest Reptile Shows Inc., and a Baby Animal Petting Zoo.
There will also be sample skiing and a USA Ninja Warrior Challenge Course.
The Burke Mountain Fall Foliage Festival is one of the biggest festivals of the year in Vermont.
Events at the festival include a parade which begins at 10 a.m., a farm animal petting zoo, horse-drawn carriage rides, a beer and wine tent open from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and live music by Tritium Well from 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
October 5 - November 5
This annual event, created by artists and craftsmen of Passion for Pumpkins, and features 5,000 illuminated jack-o-lanterns, with over 125 of them artistically carved and displayed in scenes to play out the annual theme.
The annual Fall Festival Weekend welcomes the start of a new season with live music every day, a crafts fair and some friendly competition.
That competition includes the 17th Annual North American Wife Carrying Competition where teams will compete and winners will receive the wife's weight in beer and five times her weight in cash.
PHOTO: Sunday River
The New Hampshire Brewfest will feature more than 150 beers from over 50 brewers.
Admission includes entry to the session specified on your ticket, 5oz souvenir sampling cup, beer samples, and live music and festivities
Dive into history at King Richard's Faire, New England's oldest and largest Renaissance Festival and most beloved annual fall event. Dress up, play games and learn a lot at a fair that is a great fall event for the entire family.
The Fair started on September 2 through October 22
- LIVE: Team Saran Hosting Fundraiser in October in Providence
- LIVE: “Discover Your Genealogy” With RI Historical Society This Saturday
- LIVE: Ndoye Talks TedX, Help for Sex Workers Through RI’s Weber Renew
- LIVE: Nevins on Upcoming Workplace Diversity Workshop Hosted by Women’s Fund of RI
- LIVE: Organizing for Weekday Mornings
- LIVE: US Snowboarder Ty Walker Talks Olympics, Big Air & Brown
- LIVE: Brown University Student Adapting Clothes with 21st Century Technology
- LIVE: American Idol’s Maroulis on Latest Role, EVITA at North Shore Music Theater
- LIVE: Alfandre Talks About Island Moving Co.’s 2017 Open For Dancing Festival
- LIVE: Hilary Jones from Girls Rock RI; Empowering Girls Through Music
- LIVE: Crenca on Providence Street Art, New Exhibit in October
- LIVE: Roomful of Blues’ Vachon Discusses Keeping up a 50-year Blues Institution
- LIVE: Reggae Artist Matisyahu at The Greenwich Odeum
- “Chopped” Winner Baldini on LIVE: “There’s a Revolution of Food and Technology”
- LIVE: Local Fashion & Lifestyle Photographer Taylor Helps Entrepreneurs Brand Themselves
- LIVE: RIBBA’s Goudiaby Highlights the Organization’s Annual Gala Taking Place Friday
- LIVE: 11-Year-Old Ben Togbay Talks About Winning Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- LIVE: Using Self-Defense Tactics to Combat Bullying, with Marc Bochner
- LIVE: Puerto Rico Fundraiser Taking Place this Sunday in Providence
- LIVE: Stylist Olivia Rodrigues Shows Us Hot Trends for Fall
- LIVE: Saffron, Garlic, Rose Hips, & More: URI Master Gardner Pace on Fall Herbs
- LIVE: Les Miserable’s Best Talks Playing Eponine at PPAC
- LIVE: Paddington Illustrator R.W. Alley on Upcoming Appearance at RI Festival of Children’s Books
- LIVE: Five Reasons To Rotate Your Wardrobe