LIVE: Organizing and Efficiency Expert MacRae Talks About 3 Hour Projects
Friday, February 17, 2017
The key to getting organized? Be organized about it. MacRae says make a plan and try to limit your distractions. Staying on task and focused for 3 hour increments will help increase your productivity.
Related Slideshow: 5 Organizing Blunders
Avoid these mistakes and your project will take less time than you expected. You won’t be as stressed or as overwhelmed as you anticipated. You will be amazed at what you have accomplished. You will be motivated and energized to tackle another project.
Not planning ahead
Getting organized is a process and you have to have a plan on how to conquer your project. You can’t tear apart an entire room all at once. You need to break the project down into small pieces. Plan to tackle your project in 3-hour increments. If you work longer than 3 hours at a time, you are setting yourself up for burnout. Plan ahead to try to avoid distractions and stay focused.
Purchasing the incorrect supplies
I know you are excited to get organized, but don’t rush out to the store and purchase products just because you like the way they look. Get organized first. Figure out what you need to contain, and then purchase your container to match the items you need it to hold.
http://www.golocalprov.com/lifestyle/organize-energize-9-ways-to-get-the-most-out-of-containers/" target="_blank">Click here for more on choosing the right container.
Not letting others know about your system
Once you set up the organized system, you have to get everybody in your home on board. Show them the systems and how you are going to function with this system going forward. Label everything if you must, so everybody gets in the habit of putting items away. Remember, the simpler the system, the easier it’s going to be to maintain.
http://www.golocalprov.com/lifestyle/10-steps-to-creating-a-new-home-organization-system/" target="_blank">Need help creating those systems? Go here.
Kristin Carcieri-MacRae, the founder and owner of Organizing in RI, has always enjoyed finding creative ways to streamline the environment around her. She has appeared on air on Patricia Raskin's Positive Business Radio and her articles have been published in the Rhode Island Small Business Journal and New England Home Life. Kristin's CD, Organizing Basics, is a 1-hour guide for the person who wants to get organized but doesn't know where to start. She is also available for organizing workshops. Tune into her weekly radio show, Organize, Energize! on Mondays at 8:30am on www.talkstreamradio.com.
- LIVE: Dickinson, Former Asst AG & GoLocal’s Attorney Discusses Raimondo’s 38 Studios Announcement
- Raimondo, Chafee and Mattiello All on GoLocal LIVE - See the Schedule
- Brad Read, Volvo Ocean Race Joins Molly O’Brien on GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE MAP: Power Outages Across RI
- Reppucci Founder of Sons of Liberty Spirits Co. Goes LIVE with O’Brien
- LIVE: Rose Weaver Joins Molly O’Brien
- LIVE: Luca + Danni Could Be One of RI’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2017
- Penguins from Mystic Visit GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Trudy Coxe Talks Tourism and the Future of Preserving the Past
- LIVE: Audubon Brings an Amazing Owl to GoLocal
- LIVE: Morgan Talks Trump, Corporate “Social Welfare” and Legislative Agenda
- Vinny Paz Talks MMA, His Father, and Boxing on GoLocal LIVE
- Governor Raimondo On GoLocal LIVE and Talks UHIP, 38 Studios, and Free College Tuition
- Stages of Freedom Rickman Joins LIVE to Discuss Black History Month
- Monday on GoLocal LIVE - Return of “The Money Man” and Much More
- Fall River Mayor Correia Talks Tourism on GoLocal LIVE
- Girls on the Run O’Hara Discusses Combating Bullying on LIVE
- Mayor Avedisian Talks About His Political Future on GoLocal LIVE
- Anthony Maione Discussed the Impact of Ten Years of 211 on GoLocal LIVE
- Jim Nellis of RI Food Fights Talks Donuts and So Much More on LIVE
- LIVE: Downtown Developer & Former Providence Mayor Paolino Talks Panhandling with Nagle