LIVE: Organize and Energize - Make Life Less Chaotic
Saturday, February 25, 2017
Organizing and efficiency expert Kristin MacRae says when you are organized, life is less chaotic. You can save money and life will be less stressful in the long run if you start getting organized.
“I always talk about getting organized as a lifestyle change,” MacRae says, “you’re saving time, you have more money, you have less stress, people have more confidence in you, so all those benefits come into play.”
She also says getting into a routine and doing prep work can help make things less chaotic.
“Meal prep, less than an hour on a Sunday. That hour on a Sunday can help you through the week,” MacRae says.
MacRae says getting organized is a process but think of it as a long term commitment to being a happier and healthier you.
Related Slideshow: Organize + Energize: 2016 Year in Review
6 Productivity Habits My Parents Taught Me When I Was Young
When both parents are disorganized at home, most of the time, their kids are following in their footsteps. The organizational skill set never gets passed down to the kids. If the kids see that it’s ok for mom and dad to live in disorganized spaces, then they believe it’s ok for them too! If you feel you can’t transfer that skill set to your kids, it may be time to call in a professional to help them with the process. You’ll be amazed at how much the kids love the process! I was fortunate to grow up with 2 parents that were organized, efficient and productive. Here are some of the habits they taught me.
6 Reasons You Need to Declutter
Most of my clients think I’m going to come over and tell them that they have to throw out all of their stuff. This is not true. My goal is to get you to become more efficient and productive. If there are things in your home that are no longer useful to you, we have a discussion about them before we get rid of anything. That being said, you have to declutter if you want to move forward. Here are 6 reasons you need to declutter.
Is Your Cluttered Bedroom Killing Your Mood?
How’s the ambiance in your bedroom these days? Clutter in the bedroom is a definite mood killer. You want your bedroom to be a place of serenity, relaxation, and a place to just unwind. Get the paper piles, piles of clothes, toys, bins, and other clutter out of the room and watch the magic happen. Interested? Read how clutter is killing your mood.
Are Your Magazines Collecting Dust?
If you have magazines that are collecting dust, it’s time to throw them out. You may be surprised at how old they are! Again, magazines collecting dust in the bedroom aren’t good for the chi in the room or any other room in the home. Here are some tips on how to control the magazines that enter your home.
Are Your Kids Following Your Lead and Becoming Disorganized?
I love to see kids thrive in an organized home and as discussed in the first slide, it can be difficult to do that if the adults in the home are living in chaos. Watch how you take care of your spaces and see if you’re kids are picking up on your habits. Are your kids picking up on your disorganized habits?
5 Organizing Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
There are certain things you want to get right during the organizing process. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but there is some planning involved before you get organized. Here are 5 organizing mistakes you don’t want to make.
5 Things to do After You've Organized Your Office
You’ve organized your office, now what? It takes work to maintain it. Six months down the road, you don’t want to end up working in disorganized chaos again, right? Put the work in and you’ll find you’re saving time, money, and you’ll be more efficient and productive. Here are 5 things to do after you’ve organized your office.
- LIVE: Organize and Energize - Make Life Less Chaotic
- Organize + Energize: 9 Reasons You Need to get Organized Now!
- Organize + Energize: Overwhelmed? You’re Not Alone
- GoLocalTV: Jackson Recall Organizers Make Case for Signatures on Election Day
- Organize + Energize: 5 Ways to Survive the Holidays
- Organize + Energize: Simplify Your Laundry Routine
- Jackson Recall Organizers File Motion to Continue Collecting Signatures
- Jackson Recall Organizers Object to Latest Court Ruling
- Organize + Energize: 3 Organizing Rrojects to Tackle This Fall
- Organize + Energize: Organize Your Medical Files in 5 Easy Steps
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Home
- Organize + Energize: Give Experiences Instead of Things This Holiday Season
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen for the Holidays
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways to Organize Your Email Inbox
- Organize + Energize: Tips for Organizing Holiday Decorations
- Organize + Energize: Organizing Your Memorabilia
- Organize + Energize: Is Your Nightstand Giving you Nightmares?
- Organize + Energize: 4 Areas to Declutter This Month
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways to Find More Time in Your Day
- Organize + Energize: 8 Things Not to do When Packing for Vacation
- Organize + Energize: How Much do You Need to be Happy?
- Organize + Energize: 4 Spaces to Declutter This Month
- Organize + Energize: Plan & Prepare This Holiday Season
- Organize + Energize: 6 Tips to Organize Kid’s Toys Before The Holidays