LIVE Nutrition: Healthier Cookouts
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
All Foods Nutrition says many people over-indulge in unhealthy foods at summer cookouts because of the type and amount of food available.
To help yourself establish healthier eating at cookouts, Hirshberg recommends bringing a healthy fruit or vegetable dish to the event that you enjoy.
She also recommends sitting down and having a balanced meal at the cookout instead of continually grazing all day.
By making conscious choices of what to put on your plate and sitting down to enjoy your food, Hirshberg says you’ll take the time to feel full rather than consuming food all day long.
Checking condiment labels is also important, Hirshberg says. Calories and sugar can add up quickly in ketchup, dressings, and barbecue sauce.
- LIVE: What To Watch This Summer with TVGuide.com’s Alex Zalben
- LIVE: Travel Photographer Wilson Talks RI Landscapes & Beyond
- LIVE: Sylvia Brown Highlights Family’s Philanthropy in New Book, “Grappling with Legacy”
- LIVE: Creating A Budget for Home Design With Robin Garceau
- LIVE: RI Food Fights-Ice Cream and Iced Coffee
- LIVE: Study Shows Yoga Can Help Lower Back Pain
- GoLocal LIVE: Moore Talks Who’s Hot and Who’s Not
- LIVE: NASA Scientist Arcand Talks Black Holes, Asteroids & Total Solar Eclipse
- LIVE: Pawtucket Native Alper Creates Dating App Hater, Matching People Based On What They Hate
- LIVE: RISPCA’s Warzycha Discusses Rhode Island Animal Welfare Laws
- LIVE: RI History Expert McBurney Publishes New Book “World War II Rhode Island”
- LIVE: Au Courant SWIM, Fashion Event At Fort Adams
- LIVE: Brien Lang from Wilbury Theater Group’s New Bluegrass Musical “The Revel”
- LIVE: Pawtucket’s Zussman Enabling Self-Employment Through Pangea App
- LIVE: Songwriter Matt Cusson on New Album “Only Human”
- LIVE: Trinity Repertory Company and RI Latino Arts Adaptation of Romeo & Juliet
- LIVE: How To Train Your Robot; Littman Talks About the Future of Machine Programming
- LIVE: Whitcomb Says Chances of PawSox Going to Worcester are Slim
- LIVE: Haynes Says Prov Kayak Co. Is Expanding Hours & Offering Guided Tours
- LIVE: Hiebner Says Au Courant Fundraiser Will Help Kids Aging Out of Foster Care
- LIVE: Magician Eric Benton Performs Parlor Magic
- LIVE: From Rockstar to Recovery Center, Mahoney Talks about New Treatment Center
- LIVE: Holbert Explains How Hanging Rock and Narragansett Bay Formed
- Thursday on LIVE: Rickman, Child and Family, Providence Kayak Co. & Pangea App
- LIVE: Learning Henna with Artist Caunt-Nulton