LIVE: Nenner Says Gurney’s Newport Spent $12 Million on Rebranding & Renovating the Property
Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Nenner tells GoLocal LIVE’s Rick Simone that Gurney's has spent $12 million on rebranding and renovating the property. The porperty "offers 257 guestrooms and more event space than any other property in Newport, Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina is a popular destination for all sorts of stylish business and social gatherings, as well as truly memorable weddings."
Related Slideshow: Newport’s Newest Businesses - 2017
985 E. Main Road, Middletown
Located in Middletown, this lodging compound features 24 independent cottages along with a small hotel component of 10 studio units and an outdoor pool. The two-story cottages include a kitchen, master bedroom, living area, bathroom, and porch, plus gas fireplaces and central air conditioning.
1 Goat Island, Newport
Formerly the Hyatt Regency Newport, Gurney’s opened in January of 2017 and is located on almost 10 acres of Goat Island with waterfront views. Gurney’s Newport consists 257 guest rooms and suites, multiple event venues, a full-service spa, as well as year-round and seasonal food and beverage experiences.
151 Swinburne Row at Brick Marketplace, Newport
Open through October 2017, the restaurant features an indoor and outdoor bar, five large-screen televisions and a large patio with games including corn hole, giant Jenga and Connect 4. Garage-style doors on each side of the bar and dining room allow for the sea breeze to flow throughout the restaurant.
657 Bellevue Avenue, Newport
Experience the massive restoration effort preserving this Richard Morris Hunt designed mansion that was commissioned by Oliver Belmont in 1891. Guided tours are available by reservation only and take place Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 10 a.m.
1 Alexander Road, Portsmouth
Ride the rails on pedal powered 'rail explorers' - pedal powered bike/vehicle hybrids which ride on railroad tracks. All explorers leave at the same time and each group enjoys the freedom of the outdoors and the magic of the railroad at their own pace. The explorers are easy to ride and children are welcome.
1847 W. Main Road, Portsmouth
Opening June 1 this 40,000-square-foot museum will feature an exquisite private collection of more than 45 striking automobiles representing six decades of automotive design since World War II. More than just vehicles, this modern design experience will resonate with people of all ages thanks in part to the addition of a mid-century modern furniture collection.
26 Waites Wharf, Newport
Cruise through Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay passing some of the area’s best waterfront attractions, homes, and classic yachts—all while savoring the dishes (lunch, hors d’oeuvres and dinner) prepared by a yacht chef with more than 20 years’ experience.
680 Bellevue Avenue, Newport
Nature Tamed explores the history of interventions, beginning with Frederick Law Olmsted's original 1887 survey and ending with the preservation and care of the grounds and gardens by the Newport Restoration Foundation.
Alongside the history of the landscape is a selection of fine arts, furnishings, and fashion from the collections of Doris Duke inspired by nature.
On view through Nov. 5, 2017.
548 Bellevue Avenue, Newport
This exhibit on the second-floor gallery at Rosecliff features 42 original pieces from Cardin's private archives that document and celebrate his career from the 1950s through his 2016 spring/summer collection. Included will be his most memorable designs, including 1960s space-age looks from the Cosmocorps collection, unisex jumpsuits created for the 1972 Olympics, and the technologically advanced Cardine dress, made of thermo-formed fabric, that was worn by Lauren Bacall in 1968.
Fort Adams, Newport
An exciting new regatta for International Rule sailing yachts including 2.4mR, 6mR, 8mR and 12mRs. Three days of racing run in conjunction with the New York Yacht Club’s Annual Regatta. Sail Newport will provide dockage for all the boats at their Fort Adams facility, enabling both sailors and spectators to walk the docks and appreciate the formula designs from vintage through more modern boats up close. Admission to walk the docks (before and after racing daily) is free of charge.
548 Bellevue Avenue, Newport
The legendary fashion designer comes to Newport this summer, hosting a fashion runway show at The Breakers which will feature nearly 90 looks from Mr. Cardin's prolific career. Following the runway show, guests will enjoy a champagne reception on the loggia of mansion, including a birthday cake to celebrate Mr. Cardin's imminent 95th birthday. Guests will also receive a commemorative program and tickets to view the new Pierre Cardin exhibition at Rosecliff.
The inaugural J Class World Championship, which will be organized by the New York Yacht Club in association with the International Maxi Association and the J Class Association, will feature a mix of coastal races and windward leeward racing off Newport.
8 Bowen’s Wharf, Newport
Signature almond butter toffee hand-crafted in small batches with the best ingredients. Almonds, sweet cream butter, pure sugar, salt and dark chocolate are skillfully piloted through heat and cold to create a classic treat you can’t resist.
- LIVE: Magician Eric Benton Performs Parlor Magic
- LIVE: Brien Lang from Wilbury Theater Group’s New Bluegrass Musical “The Revel”
- LIVE: From Rockstar to Recovery Center, Mahoney Talks about New Treatment Center
- LIVE: Holbert Explains How Hanging Rock and Narragansett Bay Formed
- Thursday on LIVE: Rickman, Child and Family, Providence Kayak Co. & Pangea App
- LIVE: Au Courant SWIM, Fashion Event At Fort Adams
- LIVE: RI Food Fights-Ice Cream and Iced Coffee
- LIVE: Travel Photographer Wilson Talks RI Landscapes & Beyond
- LIVE: What To Watch This Summer with TVGuide.com’s Alex Zalben
- LIVE: Sylvia Brown Highlights Family’s Philanthropy in New Book, “Grappling with Legacy”
- LIVE: Creating A Budget for Home Design With Robin Garceau
- LIVE: Hiebner Says Au Courant Fundraiser Will Help Kids Aging Out of Foster Care
- LIVE: Haynes Says Prov Kayak Co. Is Expanding Hours & Offering Guided Tours
- LIVE: Kaplan Believes RI Could Become Innovation District
- LIVE: Berglund Talks Natural Cycle, 1st App Certified For Contraception
- LIVE: Little State Flower Co. Expands Farm & Production
- LIVE: Sasse Says Long Term View Required to Judge Economic Development
- LIVE: Crowne Plaza’s Dallaire Says it Offers Largest Amount of Hotel Meeting Space in RI
- LIVE: Learning Henna with Artist Caunt-Nulton
- LIVE: Whitcomb Says Chances of PawSox Going to Worcester are Slim
- LIVE: Songwriter Matt Cusson on New Album “Only Human”
- LIVE: Pawtucket’s Zussman Enabling Self-Employment Through Pangea App
- LIVE: Trinity Repertory Company and RI Latino Arts Adaptation of Romeo & Juliet
- LIVE: How To Train Your Robot; Littman Talks About the Future of Machine Programming
- LIVE: Omni’s Goldman Boasts Why the Hotel Is the Biggest and Strategically Important to RI