LIVE: Little State Flower Co. Expands Farm & Production
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Little State Flower Company says they now lease 5-acres of land and two grants will help expand infrastructure on the newly leased farm.
Little State Flower Co., located in Portsmouth, was awarded the Local Agriculture and Seafood Act grant. Kocon says with the help of that grant money they’ve already simplified business logistics.
When growing flowers, Kocon says she makes a point to have something special, blooms that are different and even a little weird. She’s also producing more dahlia’s this year. Last season she sold all 1,500 stems that were grown. This season Kocon is growing 4,000 dahlias and they will be at their peak in September.
The mission of Little State Flower Company is to lower the environmental impact of imported flowers and offer sustainable options to florists and consumers. While not certified organic, Kocon uses organic products on the farm.
- LIVE: Sylvia Brown Highlights Family’s Philanthropy in New Book, “Grappling with Legacy”
- LIVE: What To Watch This Summer with TVGuide.com’s Alex Zalben
- LIVE: Creating A Budget for Home Design With Robin Garceau
- LIVE: RI Food Fights-Ice Cream and Iced Coffee
- LIVE: Au Courant SWIM, Fashion Event At Fort Adams
- LIVE: Travel Photographer Wilson Talks RI Landscapes & Beyond
- LIVE: Study Shows Yoga Can Help Lower Back Pain
- LIVE: Pawtucket Native Alper Creates Dating App Hater, Matching People Based On What They Hate
- LIVE: RISPCA’s Warzycha Discusses Rhode Island Animal Welfare Laws
- LIVE: RI History Expert McBurney Publishes New Book “World War II Rhode Island”
- GoLocal LIVE: Moore Talks Who’s Hot and Who’s Not
- LIVE: Brien Lang from Wilbury Theater Group’s New Bluegrass Musical “The Revel”
- LIVE: Magician Eric Benton Performs Parlor Magic
- LIVE: Trinity Repertory Company and RI Latino Arts Adaptation of Romeo & Juliet
- LIVE: Pawtucket’s Zussman Enabling Self-Employment Through Pangea App
- LIVE: How To Train Your Robot; Littman Talks About the Future of Machine Programming
- LIVE: Whitcomb Says Chances of PawSox Going to Worcester are Slim
- LIVE: Learning Henna with Artist Caunt-Nulton
- LIVE: Songwriter Matt Cusson on New Album “Only Human”
- LIVE: Haynes Says Prov Kayak Co. Is Expanding Hours & Offering Guided Tours
- LIVE: From Rockstar to Recovery Center, Mahoney Talks about New Treatment Center
- LIVE: Holbert Explains How Hanging Rock and Narragansett Bay Formed
- Thursday on LIVE: Rickman, Child and Family, Providence Kayak Co. & Pangea App
- LIVE: Hiebner Says Au Courant Fundraiser Will Help Kids Aging Out of Foster Care
- LIVE: Berglund Talks Natural Cycle, 1st App Certified For Contraception