LIVE: Learning Henna with Artist Caunt-Nulton
Sunday, July 16, 2017
Heather Caunt-Nulton says she enjoys continuing to learn about the customs, culture and traditions behind henna.
Henna is a natural plant dye that stains your skin an orange to reddish-brown color. Real henna is organic and comes from the henna plant. It takes a about a day to prepare and is popular for celebrations in India, North African and the Middle East.
Fusions of Arabic and Indian henna make for bold pieces, Caunt-Nulton explains, and her art work has been well received. Images of her henna work have been featured at the Rhode Island School of Design Museum, the Hygienic Art Gallery, the Traina Center for the Arts, and the Slough Museum in the United Kingdom.
Another important aspect of henna, is that artists trade information and teach each other techniques. Caunt-Nulton teaches classes, hosts conferences, shares information online and sells products. She has a well visited website and extremely popular instructional videos on YouTube.
- LIVE: Brien Lang from Wilbury Theater Group’s New Bluegrass Musical “The Revel”
- LIVE: Au Courant SWIM, Fashion Event At Fort Adams
- LIVE: Magician Eric Benton Performs Parlor Magic
- Top Steel Drum Musician and Rhode Island History Featured on LIVE at 4 PM Wednesday
- LIVE: From Rockstar to Recovery Center, Mahoney Talks about New Treatment Center
- LIVE: RI Food Fights-Ice Cream and Iced Coffee
- LIVE: Creating A Budget for Home Design With Robin Garceau
- LIVE: Travel Photographer Wilson Talks RI Landscapes & Beyond
- LIVE: What To Watch This Summer with TVGuide.com’s Alex Zalben
- LIVE: Sylvia Brown Highlights Family’s Philanthropy in New Book, “Grappling with Legacy”
- Moore and Nagle Talk Who’s Hot and Who’s Not on GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE MAP: Power Outages Across RI
- Summer Drinks and Wines—What is New on GoLocal LIVE’s The Taste
- LIVE: Haynes Says Prov Kayak Co. Is Expanding Hours & Offering Guided Tours
- LIVE: Hiebner Says Au Courant Fundraiser Will Help Kids Aging Out of Foster Care
- LIVE: Songwriter Matt Cusson on New Album “Only Human”
- LIVE: Pawtucket’s Zussman Enabling Self-Employment Through Pangea App
- LIVE: Trinity Repertory Company and RI Latino Arts Adaptation of Romeo & Juliet
- Henna Artist, Silverteeth Performs & Robotics Expert on LIVE
- The Dorrance’s Lester Talks Food and the Art of Great Drinks on GoLocal LIVE’s The Taste
- LIVE: Holbert Explains How Hanging Rock and Narragansett Bay Formed
- Thursday on LIVE: Rickman, Child and Family, Providence Kayak Co. & Pangea App
- Percussionist Cote Plays Steel Drum on LIVE
- Hawaiian Musician Imoto Talks World Travel & Performs on LIVE
- LIVE: Whitcomb Says Chances of PawSox Going to Worcester are Slim