LIVE: Last-Minute Gift Ideas With Hope and Main’s Montagnon
Friday, December 22, 2017
“These are critical times for our economy and it’s really important to spend those dollars locally when you can,” Montagnon says.
Hope and Main, located at 691 Main Street in Warren, is hosting a Meet Your Maker “Mini Market” on December 22 from 4-7 p.m., giving consumers an opportunity to meet the people who the make goods.
The next indoor marketplace is January 14.
Related Slideshow: 20 Ways to Get Into the Holiday Spirit in RI - 2017
Visit Santa on a Boat at Providence River Boat Company
Enjoy a 30-minute cruise along the Providence waterways with Santa.
Santa will be listening to your Christmas wishes as we cruise throughout Waterplace Park, Riverwalk & the Providence River.
These rides will depart from the gondola docks at 1 Citizens Plaza in downtown Providence.
Boat rides go from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Watch Holiday Classics Like Elf at Jane Pickens Theater
The Jane Pickens Theater will be showing the movie Elf starring Will Ferrell as part of their Cinema for a Cause event.
This annual event will benefit the MLK Community Center- which now in their 94th year of operation counts among their many missions and programs hunger services for local families in need of assistance, especially around the holidays.
The show takes place at 1 p.m.
Check Out the Best Christmas Displays in Rhode Island
Get inspired to put up your own Christmas lights by driving around the state and admiring some of the coolest light displays there is.
For example, the Picozzi Family Christmas display in Warwick is simply a must see every year.
The display is ranked among the best in Rhode Island and New England.
Be sure to check out other displays across the state as well, then don't forget to do your own.
Shop Local at Luca & Danni
Stay away from those big national chains and shop local with Cranston-based Luca + Danni.
"We are proud to carry on a deeply rooted family tradition and to handcraft jewelry that is uncompromised in its construction. We are Born In The USA and we wouldn’t have it any other way," says the team at Luca + Danni.
Shop local this holiday season.
Give to Those in Need
From giving trees at churches to the Confetti Foundation as well as many other great organizations, there are plenty of families in the community that could use your help to put a present or two under the tree for a child who might not otherwise get one.
Festival Ballet Providence's The Nutcracker at PPAC
The Nutcracker is a holiday tradition that must be seen.
Join Clara and her Nutcracker Prince on a magical journey complete with beautiful sets, elegant choreography, and world-class dancers bringing this holiday tradition to life.
Friday's showtime is at 8 p.m.
West Side Caroling at Loie Fuller's
Meet up at Loie Fuller's restaurant from 5-6 p.m. for snacks & socializing and head out at 6 p.m. sharp to bring holiday cheer to the neighborhood.
Ending at 8 p.m. with milk, warm drink & cookies at Sin bakery and cafe just a block from our starting point.
The event goes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Dickens Christmas Dinner Train at Portsmouth Junction Station
This interactive retelling of the Charles Dickens classic “A Christmas Carol” by the Marley Bridges Theatre Company is an evening of music, laughter, food, and spirits which is certain to cure even the worst “Scrooge.”
Your ticket includes the performance, train ride, meal, tax, and gratuity. Entrees include sliced beef tenderloin, holiday ham dinner, and turkey dinner.
The event begins at 6:30 p.m.
Drink Holiday Beers From Around the World at Norey's
Holiday Beers From Around the World Tap Takeover at Norey's
Norey's will feature holiday beers from all over the world as part of their tap takeover.
Taps stay up until they are gone, which according to Norey's is generally about two weeks.
Don't miss out.
The event goes from 4 p.m. to 12 p.m.
4th Annual Christmas Treasures Show at Trinity Church
Along with the opportunity to shop with such wonderful Artisans, there is a bake table as well.
The Artisans give back every year by trying their hand in the kitchen, which results in the most delicious treats.
The event goes from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Give Money to Salvation Army
Throw some money in the Salvation Army kettle. Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings. The person who stands outside ringing the bell is often there for long hours.
Even if it's just some change, smile at them and wish them a happy holiday.
PHOTO: j_lai/ Flickr
- LIVE: Nardolillo on Opposition to Moore, Helping RI Vets, and More
- Thursday on LIVE: U.S. Archivist Ferriero & Harvard’s Della Volpe
- LIVE: 8th Ranked PC Women’s Hockey Eyes National Tournament
- LIVE: RI Native and Political Consultant Sullivan Talks GOP Post-Moore, Rubio’s Tax Reform Play
- Friday on LIVE: Leadership Alliance’s Ghee and TV Guide’s Zalben
- LIVE: Gilman Talks About His “Home for The Holidays” Concert at The Dunkin’ Donuts Center
- LIVE: RI Native Pitassi on California Wildfires - and Tackling Fire “Size of RI”
- Monday on LIVE: Former Pro Football Player Rowley & “Money Man” Sasse
- LIVE: Now Is a Good Time To Get Your Flu Shot Says RIDOH’s Wendelken
- Tuesday on LIVE: Singer Gilman & Kinch on New PawSox Deal
- LIVE: Sport Coats for with Holidays with Jim Fortier of Blueprint 5
- LIVE: TV Guide’s Zalben on What To Watch This Winter
- LIVE: 9 Organizing Mistakes You Don’t Want To Make
- LIVE: Ways to Give to The Homeless this Holiday Season with Crossroads RI
- Tuesday on LIVE: A Celtic Sojourn’s O’Donovan, WILDEE, & Prof. Lawless
- LIVE: WGBH Radio Host O’Donovan Talks A Christmas Celtic Sojourn at The Vets
- Wednesday on LIVE: LaSalle Bakery’s Manni & The Guild’s Duffy
- LIVE: Edgewood Residents Ramp Up Fight Against Cumberland Farms—Again
- LIVE: Brown Professor Hastings Working To Eliminate Sexual Harassment In Geoscience Fields
- LIVE: RI Podcasters Chuck And Brad Host Christmas Comedy Show
- LIVE: Creating Pomander Centerpieces With Blithewold’s Julie Christina
- LIVE: Leadership Alliance’s Ghee Says STEM Fields Need Diversity
- LIVE: United States Archivist Ferriero On Preserving Our Nation’s History
- Monday on LIVE: Earth Science Women’s Network’s Hastings, Draper & Sasse
- Thursday on LIVE: Dr. Rich, Musician Gates and a Wedding Special