LIVE: Four Office Systems To Organize
Friday, June 09, 2017
Organizing In RI, says it’s important to evaluate how you function and create a system that works for you.
“The more complicated the system, the more likely it is to failure,” MacRae says, “keep the system simple and streamlined.”
It’s also good to re-visit the system in a couple of months and tweak what isn’t working to see what will work better for you MacRae says.
MacRae says four you’ll want to get a handle on in the office are track of the bills, business cards, phone calls/voicemail and workspace handle phone calls and voice mail
- Keep track of your bills- Have a process to pay bills, and try to incorporate due dates on the calendar.
- Business cards- Whether it is through electronics, a Rolodex, or a binder with clear card inserts, get a system that works for you to keep track of connections.
- Handle phone calls and voice mail- MacRae says to set aside time to retrieve and return calls and to keep a message pad or book just for messages, and phone notes.
- Workspace- Only keep items you use on a daily basis on your desk and avoid having piles.
- LIVE: Rapper/Educator Harry “Jon Hope’ Grigsby to Teach Hip Hop Course at RIC
- LIVE: Billy Gilman Talks RI Roots, New Music, and Christmas Concert
- LIVE: Playwright Frank Toti Discusses The Oral History Play TRANS*
- LIVE: Trinity Rep Actor & PVD Fest’s Grand Marshal, Wilson Jr, Talks Art & Activism
- LIVE: Four Systems to Get Organized In Your Office
- LIVE: Neurofeedback, Psychologist Explains The Mental Health Treatment of Training Your Brain
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s Emerging Leaders - Naomi Leipold
- LIVE: Rapper Flawless Real Talk on Upcoming EP Release
- LIVE: Preparing Teens For Alcohol Related Social Pressures
- LIVE: RWU Director of Health Education Talks About Ways to Intervene
- LIVE: Summer Drinks With Little Bitte
- LIVE: 100th Anniversary of George M. Cohan’s “Over There”
- LIVE: Festival of Historic Houses Highlights Upper Elmwood Historic District
- LIVE: Forefather of Indie Hip-Hop, RI’s Sage Francis, Reinvents Himself in New Group
- LIVE: NYT Best-Selling Author Green Talks New Book “The Sunshine Sisters”
- LIVE: 12-Year-Old Quadruple Threat, Kayciblu, Performs New Song
- LIVE: Star of Netflix’s HUSH, Kate Siegel On Upcoming Projects, Motherhood, & More
- LIVE: Celebrating World Ocean Day With Mystic Aquarium and A Horseshoe Crab
- LIVE: Nutrition with Shira Hirshberg - Packing a Healthy Lunch
- LIVE: Sea Vegetables & Future of Aquaculture with Opton-Himmel of Walrus & Carpenter Oysters
- LIVE: Jazz Artist Kowal Plays Vibraphone
- LIVE: Celebrating Italian-American Women’s Culture with Daniela Mansella Paolino
- LIVE: Hood Adrain & What Will The Neighbors Say? Brings Original Theater to Providence
- This Week on LIVE: Harper’s Publisher, British Security Expert, NY Times Best Selling Author Green
- LIVE: New Chowder, New Competition at The Great Chowder Cook-Off