LIVE: Four Office Systems To Organize
Friday, June 09, 2017
“The more complicated the system, the more likely it is to failure,” MacRae says, “keep the system simple and streamlined.”
It’s also good to re-visit the system in a couple of months and tweak what isn’t working to see what will work better for you MacRae says.
MacRae says four you’ll want to get a handle on in the office are track of the bills, business cards, phone calls/voicemail and workspace handle phone calls and voice mail
- Keep track of your bills- Have a process to pay bills, and try to incorporate due dates on the calendar.
- Business cards- Whether it is through electronics, a Rolodex, or a binder with clear card inserts, get a system that works for you to keep track of connections.
- Handle phone calls and voice mail- MacRae says to set aside time to retrieve and return calls and to keep a message pad or book just for messages, and phone notes.
- Workspace- Only keep items you use on a daily basis on your desk and avoid having piles.
- LIVE: Rapper/Educator Harry “Jon Hope’ Grigsby to Teach Hip Hop Course at RIC
- LIVE: Billy Gilman Talks RI Roots, New Music, and Christmas Concert
- LIVE: Playwright Frank Toti Discusses The Oral History Play TRANS*
- LIVE: Trinity Rep Actor & PVD Fest’s Grand Marshal, Wilson Jr, Talks Art & Activism
- LIVE: Four Systems to Get Organized In Your Office
- LIVE: Neurofeedback, Psychologist Explains The Mental Health Treatment of Training Your Brain
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s Emerging Leaders - Naomi Leipold
- LIVE: Rapper Flawless Real Talk on Upcoming EP Release
- LIVE: Preparing Teens For Alcohol Related Social Pressures
- LIVE: RWU Director of Health Education Talks About Ways to Intervene
- LIVE: Summer Drinks With Little Bitte
- LIVE: 100th Anniversary of George M. Cohan’s “Over There”
- LIVE: Festival of Historic Houses Highlights Upper Elmwood Historic District
- LIVE: Forefather of Indie Hip-Hop, RI’s Sage Francis, Reinvents Himself in New Group
- LIVE: NYT Best-Selling Author Green Talks New Book “The Sunshine Sisters”
- LIVE: 12-Year-Old Quadruple Threat, Kayciblu, Performs New Song
- LIVE: Star of Netflix’s HUSH, Kate Siegel On Upcoming Projects, Motherhood, & More
- LIVE: Celebrating World Ocean Day With Mystic Aquarium and A Horseshoe Crab
- LIVE: Nutrition with Shira Hirshberg - Packing a Healthy Lunch
- LIVE: Sea Vegetables & Future of Aquaculture with Opton-Himmel of Walrus & Carpenter Oysters
- LIVE: Jazz Artist Kowal Plays Vibraphone
- LIVE: Celebrating Italian-American Women’s Culture with Daniela Mansella Paolino
- LIVE: Hood Adrain & What Will The Neighbors Say? Brings Original Theater to Providence
- This Week on LIVE: Harper’s Publisher, British Security Expert, NY Times Best Selling Author Green
- LIVE: New Chowder, New Competition at The Great Chowder Cook-Off