LIVE: Bristol’s DaPonte Jr. is Part of 1st Non-Korean K-Pop Group, EXP Edition
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
DaPonte began performing as a child and continued to get inspired by the idea of working professionally as an actor and singer while studying theater at Mt. Hope High School in Bristol.
He would eventually make the move to New York City where he auditioned for the K-Pop project, and found himself on the verge of an opportunity of a lifetime.
EXP Edition started as an experiment to see if a non-Korean K-Pop idol group could be developed.
After working tirelessly to hone their voices, personas, dance moves, and a new language, DaPonte and the rest of the group are now primed to become a bona fide force in Korean pop music.
They recently released their first single “Feel Like This” with an album coming out later this year.
- Ogies Trailer Park’s Becker Discusses the Origin of The Name on LIVE’s The Taste
- LIVE: Drag Queen Jacqueline Dimera Talks All Things Drag, Politics, and Pride
- Malted Barley’s Goryl Talks Craft Beers on LIVE’s The Taste
- Gasbarros’ President Highlights 3 Great Father’s Day Gifts on LIVE’s The Taste
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport
- LIVE: RI Jazz Musician Kim Trusty Tells a Story of Resilience
- LIVE: Singer Frenchie Davis on Her RI Pride Performance
- LIVE: Access and Education Mission for Natural Sunscreen Founder
- LIVE: Critters, Clinics and Events with Providence Animal Rescue League
- LIVE: Home Design For “Aging in Place” With Robin Garceau
- “Judge the Candidate, Not the Party” - Providence Ward 3 GOP Contender Lallier on LIVE
- LIVE: Shopping For Swimwear With Personal Stylist Jill Marinelli
- LIVE: Rhode Island Designer Andrea Valentini Launching New Fabric
- Business Monday on Golocal LIVE Features Discussion of RI Budget and Amazon-Whole Foods Deal
- LIVE: Stages of Freedom Creating RI Black History Tour Booklet
- LIVE: RI Community Spay/Neuter Clinic Approaching 50,000 Surgeries
- Preview Tuesday’s GoLocal LIVE: Musicians Take Over in the First Hour, Including Johnny Gates
- The Billy Harpin Band Performs LIVE, RI’s Next Stars?
- LIVE: Isle Brewers Guild’s Duffy on Craft Beer, Business, and Growth
- LIVE: First Make Music Rhode Island Festival Set for June 21
- LIVE: Plastics And The Fight For The Future
- LIVE: Advancements in Migraine Treatment and World Migraine Solidarity Day
- LIVE: Raimondo’s Mixed Signals on Paris & Burrillville, Bradford Dam Removal, and More
- LIVE: Broadcast Premiere of RI Native Johnny Gates New, Original Music