Leading Invenergy Opponent Roselli Declares for Gov. Against Raimondo in Primary on GoLocal LIVE
Saturday, September 30, 2017
"I am running for Governor -- Raimondo has ignored 'ordinary citizens,'" said Roselli.
Raimondo is expected to seek reelection in 2018 for Governor.
Roselli is a graduate of LaSalle Academy and earned two degrees from the University of Rhode Island. Professionally, he is a documentary maker and involved in environmental education.
Roselli stands in stark contrast to Raimondo — he being a populist, progressive, and Raimondo often tied to Wall Street interests due to her career as a venture capitalist and her fundraising from New York business interests.
Roselli, who initially filed as an independent, changed to Democrat. "I realized I wanted to be able to face-off against [Raimondo] more," said Roselli. "This is about her taking the Invenergy check out in Chicago."
Request for comment from Raimondo’s campaign was not responded to at a time of publication.
Morning Consult Poll
In July, GoLocal reported, that Raimondo had an approval rating of 43% in the Morning Consult Poll.
The list of "Most and Least Popular Governors" saw Massachusetts' Charlie Baker take the top spot for approval nationwide at 71% -- and Raimondo come in fifth in New England, with struggling Connecticut's Dan Molloy at 27%, who Morning Consult noted "remains the most unpopular Democratic governor in the country."
Wrote Morning Consult:
Bruce Rauner (R-Ill.) and Gina Raimondo (D-R.I.), two governors facing difficult paths to re-election next year, are also among the most unpopular governors. Almost half (47 percent) of Rhode Islanders said they disapprove of Raimondo while the share of voters approving of her job performance declined 5 points, to 43 percent.
Related Slideshow: 2016 Raimondo’s Staff Salaries
- Raimondo’s $40K a Month Security Costs Draws Mixed Reaction
- Senate Passes & Raimondo Signs $9.2 Billion Budget Bill
- Raimondo Signs Legislation to Prevent Opioid Overdoses & Save Lives
- Raimondo, RIDOT Announce Opening of Blackstone River Bikeway Segment
- NEW: Raimondo Gives Comment St. Joseph’s Pension Fund Bankruptcy, Kilmartin Refuses
- Governor Raimondo’s Security Detail Tops More than $1.2 Million
- Raimondo Office Emails Show NGA Corporate Sponsors Promised Access to Governors and Other VIPs
- UPDATED: Siedle, Raimondo Critic, to be Awarded $48M in SEC Record Whistleblower Case
- UPDATED: Raimondo Staffer Attacks Former Gov. Chafee on His Wife’s Facebook Page
- EDITORIAL: Raimondo’s Hedge Fund Problem
- Raimondo “Disappointed” by National Grid Rate Increase Approval By PUC
- Raimondo Appoints Gill as New Family Court Judge
- Sick Time Legislation Passed by Legislature - Now to Raimondo
- Nardolillo Blasts Raimondo Over DACA “Special Treatment”
- Johnson & Johnson Heiress Caught Kicking Horse, Raimondo Has Provided $6M in Incentives to Company
- Moore: Raimondo’s Propaganda Program?
- Raimondo Refuses to Answer Questions About Leases at Wexford — Despite $40M in Taxpayer Subsidies
- Raimondo’s Office Demands “Good News” Press Conferences by Departments to Mark 1,000 Days
- St. Joseph Receiver Del Sesto to Meet with Raimondo, Ruggerio Proposes Bill
- VIDEO: Governor Raimondo Calls for Investigation into St. Joseph Pension Fund Bankruptcy
- Raimondo Administration Refuses to Answer Questions About Amazon HQ2 Effort
- Raimondo’s Close Friend Sen. Booker Pushing Federal Bill that Would Kill PawSox Deal
- Why Are So Many Gearing Up to Run Against Raimondo? See Who Could Run for RI Governor