Lawless on Government Shutdown Ending, & Megyn Kelly-Jane Fonda Feud, on LIVE
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Lawless, who is the Director of the Women and Politics Institute at American, also spoke to the latest in the Mueller investigation -- and the interplay of politics and journalism as Megyn Kelly on the Today Show was not on air, the day following comments Kelly made about Fonda's role in protesting the U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War.
"NBC, whose MSNBC stablemate is the left-wing counterpoint to Donald Trump-loving Fox News, is now happily riding a significant ratings wave with Kelly that includes the former Fox star attacking the former Viet Cong sympathizer. Got it?" wrote leading journalism commentary website Poynter.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Tuesday on LIVE: NEEDTOBREATHE’s Lovelace & RI Democratic Party’s Olasanoye
- LIVE: Providence-Based Writer Hartnett On Novel “Rabbit Cake”
- LIVE: “Visible Cloth, Invisible Bodies” Art Exhibit at URI Focuses on RI’s Ties to Slavery
- LIVE: Needtobreathe’s Lovelace Creates Family Friendly Music on Solo Album
- Wednesday on LIVE: Mionetto USA’s MacLeod, Chen of Ken’s Ramen & Nevel of RI-Israel Collaborative
- Monday on LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Finn, Stokes of RI Black Heritage Society
- LIVE: Regunberg on Single-Payer Legislation & Addressing High Costs of Prescription Drugs
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s “State of Corrections”—Retiring Head of Prisons A.T. Wall
- LIVE: Emerge America’s Gholar on Surge of Women Running For Political Office
- LIVE: Luluna Kombucha Co-Owner Kreger On Brewing Kombucha In RI
- LIVE: Raptakis on PawSox Vote, Line-Item Veto Legislation, and More
- LIVE: RI-Israel Collaborative’s Nevel on Upcoming “Doing Business in Israel” Event at Bryant
- Thursday on LIVE: Social Enterprise Greenhouse & Lastrina of Knead Donuts
- LIVE: Director of John Carter Brown Library Safier on the Digital Future
- LIVE: 10 Ways “Go Green” in 2018 With Sabato of Save The Bay
- LIVE: Aura’s Chocolate Bar Opens Retail Space In Providence
- Tuesday on LIVE: AirbnbWATCH on Super Bowl Prices, Prof. Lawless & Actor Capron
- LIVE: Actor Robert Capron Talks About New Film, “The Polka King”
- Monday on LIVE: John Carter Brown Library’s Safier & Business Monday
- Friday on LIVE: Hobson of the ILLUSIONISTS, James-Gómez of RI for Community & Justice
- LIVE: 30 Minute Organizing Projects With MacRae of Organizing in RI
- LIVE: RI Chapter of the Women’s March Hold’s Rally at State House Saturday
- LIVE: RI-Based Hope & Change for Haiti’s Germain Addresses Trump Remarks, Need for Action
- LIVE: Knead Doughnuts Celebrates One Year, Expands Products & Services
- LIVE: “Singing The Dream” Open-Sing Community Event Honors MLK