Kaplan and Fenton Call for Re-Invention of Providence Schools
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Fenton citing the consistently poor performing test scores for Providence schools and Kaplan raised red flags on the high absentee rates of both students and teachers as indicators of underperformance. RI teachers have among the highest absenteeism in America and Providence is usually among the highest in RI.
Kaplan said there is a lack of leadership and urgency focused on the need to improve Providence schools and Rhode Island schools as a whole.
He also cited the success of Massachusetts’ effort to improve their public schools. In most rankings, the Commonwealth ranks #1 for the best schools and Kaplan said it has a direct correlation on the performance of the Massachusetts high performing economy.
- “Mr. Innovation” Saul Kaplan on Amazon and Whole Foods Merger and Impact on RI
- Kaplan & Dand: Converting Emerging Tech Into Next Practices
- Mr. Innovation Saul Kaplan Say RI Could Be America’s Laboratory for Change
- Kaplan Discusses RI’s Missed Opportunity to Innovate
- LIVE: Kaplan Believes RI Could Become Innovation District
- Kaplan: Innovation Lessons From Michelangelo
- BIF’s Kaplan on GoLocal LIVE’s Business Monday Looks at Uber’s Controversial CEO
- Kaplan: Three Things Are Changing: 1) The Market 2) BIF 3) Me
- Saul Kaplan: “The Innovator” Discusses How RI Can Transform Its Attitude and Performance
- The Innovator Saul Kaplan Says Its Time to Rethink Parking, Transportation, and Commuting
- The Innovator Saul Kaplan on Why Failing is the Key to Success When Reinventing
- “Mr. Innovation” Saul Kaplan of BIF Talks RI’s Biggest Salesperson on GoLocal LIVE
- BIF’s Kaplan Says Deepwater Wind is an Example of RI Taking Advantage of Its Size
- Saul Kaplan Hopes RI Can Implement Some Amazon HQ2 Ideas Even if We Fail
- Kaplan “Mr. Innovation” Says Providence Can Compete for Amazon as Part of a Regional Play
- BIF’s Kaplan Talks CVS Acquisition of Aetna, Better to Be the Disruptor
- Kaplan: The Kids’ Table
- CVS and Aetna Is The Most Important Business Deal in RI History, Says Kaplan
- Saul Kaplan Talks About the Highlights of Day 1 at #BIF2017
- Kaplan: Welcome to #BIF2017. Let the Inspiration Begin!
- Kaplan: What’s Your From…To Story?
- “Mr Innovation” Saul Kaplan Joins GoLocal LIVE and Talks Uber, GE, and the Eclipse
- BIF’s Kaplan Talks Amazon’s Disruption to Supermarkets, New Uber CEO, and #BIF2017
- Kaplan: Happy Labor Day
- Kaplan Discusses Amazon, CVS and Uber on Business Monday on LIVE