Guard Play, Three Pointers Key in URI-Duke Matchup, Says URI’s Kinch on LIVE
Saturday, March 17, 2018
Kinch also spoke to why URI was picked by Charles Barkley -- and others -- to upset the Blue Devils, and why the senior-heavy Rams could have a leadership advantage over the young Duke team.
Tip-off for Saturday's game is set for 2:40 p.m.
Related Slideshow: URI Rams Basketball 2017-18 Projected Starting Lineup
E.C. Matthews - Redshirt Senior
E.C. Matthews returns for his redshirt senior season, now two years removed from ACL surgery. The Rams will need him to regain his form.
Matthews missed a couple of weeks during the preseason with knee tendinitis, but has since returned to practice and did play in URI's "secret scrimmage" against Harvard last week.
Prior to the start of this season, Matthews was named to the first preseason All-Atlantic 10 team during A-10 Media Day. He is also on the John Wooden Award Watch List.
Last season, Matthews averaged 15 points per game on 42% shooting from the field. In the A-10 Tournament, Matthews carried the Rams offense scoring 20, 19 and 19 points respectively in the three games to get the Rams the title.
Jared Terrell - Senior
Jared Terrell was named to second preseason All-Atlantic 10 team during A-10 Media Day.
He returns to the Rams after averaging 13 points, three rebounds and one steal per game in 2016-17.
Terrell will look to build off last season in which he shot 42 % from the field - the highest of his career.
Jeff Dowtin - Sophomore
Jeff Dowtin is coming off a freshman season in which he started the final 19 games, including both NCAA Tournament games.
He averaged six points and two assists in 22 minutes of action per game last season while also recording 17 steals on the year.
In URI's NCAA Tournament game against Creighton, Dowtin poured in a career-high 23 points on 6 of 8 shooting from the field.
Andre Berry - Senior
In two seasons with the Rams, Andre Berry has played in 30 games, but hasn't started any.
For his career, Berry has averaged 2.4 points and 1.6 rebounds in an averaged of six minutes per game.
Cyril Langevine - Sophomore
Cyril Langevine will make the start at one of the forward positions as the Rams will try to replace Hassan Martin, who they lost to graduation.
Last season, Langevine played in 35 games and started five games for URI averaging three point, five rebounds, and one block.
In URI's NCAA game against Oregon, Langevine had a near double-double with nine rebounds and nine points. He also had three steals.
- Friday on LIVE: Journalist Crouse, SCLT’s DeVos, & Vintage Pet Rescue
- LIVE: TinTown Studio Provides A Space For Art Education & Inspiration
- LIVE: Awareness Is Key Message For Battling Migraine Disease At Brain Week RI
- LIVE: Lincoln Native Peralta Opens Vintage Pet Rescue, A Retirement Home For Dogs
- LIVE: Southside Community Land Trust’s DeVos On Building a Sustainable Local Food System
- LIVE: 8 Reasons You Need To Declutter With MacRae of Organizing in RI
- Thursday on LIVE: Nutritionist Mulligan, Art Educator Carpentier, Organizing Expert MacRae
- LIVE: NASA’s Arcand On Using Virtual Reality To Walk Among Stars
- LIVE: The Woman Project Strives To Make Change Through Art
- LIVE: RI Latino PAC’s Molina Flynn: Next Steps for DACA & 3,000+ Dreamers in RI
- Wednesday on LIVE: Secretary of State Gorbea, PC Men’s Hockey Coach Leaman & The Taste
- LIVE: URI Will Have Game Plan to Avenge St. Joe’s Blowout, Says WRIU’s Kinch Ahead of A-10 Semifinal
- LIVE: Brown University’s Friedman on How Big Data Can Impact Economic Mobility
- LIVE: RI “Teachers Bill of Rights” Proposed by Rep. O’Brien
- Friday on LIVE: Pop Singer King in The Lounge, Bristol Oyster Bar’s Sebring & A&J Bakery’s Hitzeman
- LIVE: House Finance Chair Abney Looking at Option of Moving to Biennial State Budget in RI
- LIVE: Lancia to Bring in FCC to Address Rhode Island 911 Issues
- LIVE: The Food Mood Girl Smith On Why You Should “Eat Your Feelings”
- LIVE: Organizing Your Garage With MacRae Of Organizing in RI
- Tuesday on LIVE: Storm Updates All Day, Weather Channel’s Knabb & Naval War College’s Roehrig
- Monday on LIVE: Vassar’s Prof. Mills, Special Olympics RI’s Powers & Business Monday
- LIVE: Special Olympics RI’s Powers On Ending Use Of The R-Word
- LIVE: How To Survive A Kitchen Renovation With Design Expert Garceau
- LIVE: Author Mills Explores History Of Black Barber Shops In “Cutting Along the Color Line”
- LIVE: Ripple Effect - RI Hospital’s Chief of Trauma Dr. Adams On Impact of Impaired Driving Crashes