Democratic Candidate for Gov Roselli Says RI Is Looking for New Leadership
Saturday, April 21, 2018
Roselli who declared his candidacy in September of 2017 on GoLocal LIVE was thrust into the statewide limelight for his effort to stop the proposed gas powered Invenergy plant seeking to cite in Burrillville, RI. He has been one of the leaders raising concerns about the mega-facility's environmental impacts. The project may cost upwards of $1 billion.
Roselli, when asked what has been some of Governor Gina Raimondo’s successes, said that her election as Rhode Island’s first women governor was important -- important to break the political glass ceiling, but struggled to be able to name any positive program or initiative that she has implemented as governor.
Further, he cited her low approval ratings and said her approval rating has declined since winning the governorship in 2014 with just 40.7 percent of the vote in a three-way race.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Rhode Island General Election Voters Margin of Error: +/- 4.9% at 95% Confidence Level
Interviewing Period: October 9-11, 2017
Mode: Landline (61%) and Mobile (39%)
Telephone Directed by: John Della Volpe, SocialSphere, Inc.
When it comes to voting, do you consider yourself to be affiliated with the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, Moderate, or Unaffiliated with a major party?
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
In general, would you say things in Rhode Island are headed in the right direction or are they off on the wrong track?
Right track: 39%
Wrong track: 45%
Don't know/Refused: .6%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Over the past three years or so, would you say the economy in Rhode Island has improved, gotten worse, or not changed at all?
Changed for the better: 35%
Changed for the worse: 16%
Not changed at all: 43%
Don't know/Refused: 5%
Over the same time, has your family's financial situation improved, gotten worse, or not changed at all?
Changed for the better: 26%
Changed for the worse: 19%
Not changed at all: 54%
Don't know/Refused: 1%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
Could you please tell me your age?
Don't know/refused: 1%
What was the last grade you completed in school?
High school grad: 16%
Technical/Vocational school: 1%
Some college: 23%
College grad: 34%
Graduate degree: 24%
Don't know/refused: 1%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
Would you say that Donald Trump has done an excellent good, fair or poor job as President?
Never heard of: 0%
Cannot rate: 3%
Would you say that Jack Reed has done an excellent good, fair or poor job as a United States Senator?
Never heard of: 6%
Cannot rate: 6%
Would you say that Sheldon Whitehouse has done an excellent good, fair or poor job as a United States Senator?
Never heard of: 6%
Cannot rate: 7%
Would you say that David Cicilline has done an excellent good, fair or poor job as a Member of Congress?
Never heard of: 6%
Cannot rate: 8%
Would you say that James Langevin has done an excellent good, fair or poor job as a Member of Congress?
Never heard of: 13%
Cannot rate: 11%
Would you say that Gina Raimondo has done an excellent good, fair or poor job as Governor?
Never heard of: 1%
Cannot rate: 3%
Would you say that Daniel McKee has done an excellent good, fair or poor job as Lieutenant Governor?
Never heard of: 26%
Cannot rate: 25%
Would you say that Peter Kilmartin has done an excellent good, fair or poor job as Attorney General?
Never heard of: 13%
Cannot rate: 19%
Would you say that Seth Magaziner has done an excellent good, fair or poor job as General Treasurer?
Never heard of: 21%
Cannot rate: 21%
Would you say that Nellie Gorbea has done an excellent good, fair or poor job as Secretary of State?
Never heard of: 20%
Cannot rate: 23%
- Leading Invenergy Opponent Roselli Declares for Gov. Against Raimondo in Primary on GoLocal LIVE
- Democratic Gubernatorial Candidate Roselli on Invenergy’s Fall River Play, on LIVE
- VIDEO: Raimondo Doubles-Down on Denying Gun-Lobby Money, Despite Repeated Donations
- NEW: RI GOP Blasts Ethics Commission for “Making Excuses for Raimondo”
- Raimondo Invested in Funds That Owned Gun Company Stocks While Treasurer
- Raimondo Announces 4th Annual Governor for a Day Essay Contest
- RI GOP Files Federal Elections Complaint Over Raimondo-Providence Dems Fundraising Agreement
- 65% of RIers Support Raimondo’s $250M Bond, Says Bryant’s Hassenfeld Institute Poll
- EDITORIAL: Raimondo Denial of Ties to NRA Money - “We Call BS”
- RI Republican Party Files Ethics Complaint Against Raimondo
- Raimondo Orders U.S., RI Flags to Fly at Half-Staff to Honor Victims of Parkland School Shooting
- Raimondo Shuffles Press Office in Prep for 2018 Campaign
- Raimondo Refuses to Return Campaign Donations from Gun Lobbyist
- RI Loses 200 Jobs in January, Fung Blasts Raimondo’s Performance
- VIDEO: Raimondo on State of RI Roads in Tuesday’s Storm
- POLL: Raimondo is the 7th Least Popular Governor in America — 50% Disapprove
- Raimondo’s Proposed Level-Funding of DCYF Not Adequate, Says Children’s Friend CEO
- Raimondo Has Strong Connection to Key Judge in Trump-Cohen Case
- RI’s Top Early Education Ranking & School Construction Needs: Raimondo Staffer Gallagher on LIVE
- Raimondo Picks & Chooses Jobs Numbers - Claims Improvement As RI Loses 500 Jobs
- Elder Home Care Advocate Blasts Raimondo on Budget Cuts
- Raimondo Says Armed School Resource Officers Should Be Determined by Communities
- Raimondo Criticizes National Grid Storm Response, Company Responds
- Raimondo’s Proposed $18M Developmental Disabilities Cut Draws Rebuke from Trudeau Center’s Sullivan
- Raimondo’s Proposed Medicaid Cuts Would be Devastating, Says Neighborhood Health Plan’s Marino
- UPDATED: Save The Bay Files Complaint Against Raimondo on CRMC Appointees
- VIDEO: Fung Blasts Raimondo’s State of the State Speech
- Morgan Out Raises Fung for Quarter in GOP Battle, He Has More Cash on Hand
- Fung Raises Over $175K in 4th Quarter of 2017
- Fung and Morgan Refuse to Condemn Alleged Sexual Harassment By President of RI Young Republicans
- Democratic Governors Assn Blasts Fung, Morgan for Failing to Speak Out on Harassment
- Fung is Back — Announces 2018 Run for Governor
- Muksian: Forced to Resign in Providence for Self-Dealing, Tapped by Fung to Head Administration
- Fung Says Cranston Can Still “Make its Argument ” in Legal Battle Over Anti-Panhandling Ordinance
- Fung and Avedisian Speak Out on Trump, GOP Chair Bell Refuses to Comment
- Fung Ducks DACA, Other GOP Gov Candidates Support Trump
- LIVE: GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Morgan Questions “Where Fung Stands” on LIVE
- Gubernatorial Candidate Fung Releases Economic Policy Plan
- Warwick Republican City Committee Endorses Fung for Governor
- Whitcomb: Buying Up Bankrupt Colleges; Facebook vs. Reality; Fung in Fiscal Fantasy?
- Trillo Fires Back at Fung “Minions”
- Wednesday on GoLocal LIVE - The Taste and Mayor Allan Fung
- Morgan Supports Trump’s Citizenship Question on Census—Fung Refuses Comment
- Fung Campaign Names Augustus Press Secretary
- VIDEO: Cranston’s Fung Says “Stay Off Roads” on LIVE During Storm
- Fung Announces City & Town Campaign Chairs
- Fung on Economic Plan, Marijuana, PawSox, and More on LIVE
- Morgan Formally Declares for Gov., Says She Will Fight For the Middle Class on GoLocal LIVE
- Morgan Who Took RISP Cruiser Charged with 6 Counts and 2 Others Charged for Harboring
- Morgan Attending White House Meeting on Tax Reform on Thursday
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Morgan Says Tax Reform “Float All Boats”
- Morgan Questions $95 Million State Employee Pay Increase Under Raimondo’s State Employee Buyout Plan
- Morgan Says at GOP Event, “I Am Running for Governor”
- PawSox to Induct Morgan and Vaughn Into Hall of Fame on July 23
- GOP’s Morgan Exploring Run for Rhode Island Governor
- Senator Morgan Opposes National Grid’s 53% Rate Increase
- House Minority Leader Morgan Says “Polling Looks Good” for RI Gubernatorial Run
- Morgan Questions Effectiveness of RIDOT Spending for Providence Viaduct Bridge
- “Corruption, Hostile Business Climate, Poor Education” - RI House GOP Leader Morgan’s State of State
- “Retire in RI” - Morgan on RI House GOP Agenda on LIVE
- Morgan Calls on Kilmartin to Use Remaining Google Funds to Secure Schools
- Sen. Morgan to Host Workshop on Stopping Sexploitation
- Rep. Morgan Receives Friend of Government Accountability Award
- LIVE: Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, JPMorgan Healthcare Shakeup: “Nonprofit” is Key, Says Fine