Broadway News With The Broadway Blog’s Wexler on LIVE
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
TONY Award winner, Lea Salonga, most famous for originating the role of Kim in Miss Saigon, will be appearing in Once on This Island, opening December 3, and American Idol Alum and TONY award nominee, Constantine Maroulis (who appeared on LIVE in September, check out the interview HERE) will be appearing in new Off-Broadway musical: Bull Dozer: The Ballad of Robert Music opening November 25.
If you’re looking for other notable shows to check out, Junk, currently running at Lincoln Center, features Steven Pasquale (Bridges of Madison County) as a corrupt financier selling junk bonds in the 80’s, and a new musical based on the Nickelodeon cartoon, SpongeBob Squarepants opens December 4.
At this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, Broadway performances will include Dear Evan Hansen; Once On This Island; Anastasia: SpongeBob SquarePants; Radio City Rockettes; Waitress; and Come From Away
Related Slideshow: 25 Things You Must do This Fall in New England - 2017
The fall season is all about pumpkins. Pumpkin beer, pumpkin pie and most of all pumpkin picking.
Pumpkin picking is a timeless event for families, especially those with young kids who will love to just run around and grab whichever pumpkin looks good to them.
There are some great walking and hiking paths behind the Audubon Society on Massasoit Road in Worcester to visit this fall.
Want to be at peace and escape the city without really leaving the city? Take a brisk walk through the Bird Sanctuary. If you don't feel better by the time you leave there...then turn around and go back in.
The bird sanctuary is located on 414 Massasoit Road in Worcester
The Boston Children's Museum has two special exhibits to celebrate the fall season.
The first is a dinosaur exhibit titled "Explor-a-saurus," and there is also a "Bubbles" exhibit and a "construction zone."
The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on a daily basis.
Arguably the coolest thing about the fall season is the changing of the leaves. You will want to go up to the Berkshires and stroll through a park or just down a street and take note of all the colors, it's a must do fall activity.
How many colors can you see?
Not one, not two, but three corn mazes all in one spot.
The famous triple maze at Coppal House Farm in New Hampshire is fun for all ages!
Be sure to check out the brand new Racoon corn maze as well.
Built in the mid-1700s, Coppal Farm has horse-drawn carriage rides, pumpkin picking, and tons of other activities on its 78-acre farm.
Across New England
Nothing says fall like drinking nice warm glass of apple cider, or maybe multiple warm glasses of apple cider.
Head over to your local market and buy some, or maybe you know how to make your own or have your own recipe. Either way, drinking apple cider is something to look forward too.
While it may not be summer anymore and you may need an extra shirt or light jacket, there is still time to get some end of season swings in at your local golf course.
The fall season presents some of the best golfing weather that we have all year in New England.
Hit them straight.
Across Southern New England
The Coastal Wine Trail is a nonprofit group of 14 wineries that are spread throughout Southeastern New England.
Vineyards on the trail include Preston Ridge Vineyard in Preston Connecticut, Travessia Winery in New Bedford, Massachusetts, Westport Rivers Vineyard & Winery in Westport, Massachusetts and Coastal Vineyards in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts.
The heart of the trail is less than three hours from New York City and 90 minutes from Bosto
Check out five attractions at the super spooky Factory of Terror! Clown College, Zella's Hideaway, Zombie Alley, 3D Nightmare and the 13th Haunt all in one place.
This indoor haunted house offers a frightening and spooky experience with realistic, detailed rooms featuring cutting edge special effects and horror creatures at every turn!
Enter at your own risk!
The views of Mount Hope Bay are unparalleled. Enjoy some wine with a snack or three while watching the sunset. The chef is known for a well-balanced menu of seasonal treats that uses locally sourced seafood in creative ways.
Celebrate the fall season and eat outdoors one last time.
The fall season is Plimoth Plantation's busiest time of year and it is a great time to bring the family.
Visit the Wampanoag Homesite, the 17th-Century English Village, Nye Barn, Craft Center, Plimoth Bread Company, Mayflower II, and the Plimoth Grist Mill!
A great way to learn and have fun at the same time.
The Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular is a one of a kind fall event taking place at Roger Williams Park Zoo and runs from October 5 - November 5, 2016 and tickets are only sold online.
This annual event, created by artists and craftsmen of Passion for Pumpkins, and features 5,000 illuminated jack-o-lanterns, with over 125 of them artistically carved and displayed in scenes to play out the annual theme.
Caffe Espresso Trattoria has been open for more than 20 years as a family owned and operated restaurant. Trattoria offfers authentic Italian home cooking.
Put on a comfy sweater and take a fall run or bike ride down this 14.5 mile long path that stretches from India Point Park in Providence to Independence Park in Bristol.
The path connects many towns while providing waterside views nearly the entire way.
Dive into history at King Richard's Faire, New England's oldest and largest Renaissance Festival and most beloved annual fall event. Dress up, play games and learn alot at a faire that is a great fall event for the entire family.
The faire ends on October 22.
Block Island, RI
As the fall season rolls on, trips to Block Island are winding down.
But at the moment, there is still great weather ahead and great opportunities to get on the ferry and head over to Block Island for the day, or maybe even multiple days.
A fall trip to Block Island is something ou must do this fall.
New Canaan, CT
Construction began on the Glass House in 1949 by architect Philip Johnson and is now a National Trust Historic Site.
The house is on 49 acres of land which holds 13 other structures and features a collection of 20th century painting and sculpture.
The foliage surrounding the house makes the fall season a great time to go visit.
- LIVE: The Broadway Blog’s Matthew Wexler — Broadway News
- LIVE: Broadway News from The Broadway Blog’s Matthew Wexler
- LIVE: Broadway News with The Broadway Blog’s, Matthew Wexler
- LIVE: Author DeCesare on Female Empowerment & Entrepreneurship
- Monday on LIVE: RI Author DeCesare and EG Council President Cienki
- LIVE: How to Create a Seating Arrangements In An Open Floor Plan
- Tuesday on LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Maguire & Professor Lawless
- LIVE: Mixed Magic Theater Opens Season With Double Bill, Dutchman / The Slave
- LIVE: “Tinkered Treasures” Author Major Inspires Creativity
- LIVE: Air Force Veteran Hood On Need For Increasing Veteran Representation
- LIVE: Organizing For The Holidays
- LIVE: Experiencing Virtual Worlds, Battikha Opens Base Station VR Lounge
- LIVE: RI Native Moniz On Performing In Tony Award-Winning Musical “FUN HOME”
- LIVE: RI Veteran Sgt. DeCiccio Dedicated To Helping Other Veterans
- LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Maguire Talks New Book “Hiddensee”
- Wednesday on LIVE: GoLocal’s Big Wedding Announcement
- LIVE: How Collaboration Led To Success For Firestarter Interactive’s Kammerer
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s Emerging Leaders-Robert Sullivan
- LIVE: RI High School Students Will Speak With Astronaut On Space Station
- LIVE: Must-Have Men’s Fashion for Winter From Blueprint 5
- Tuesday on LIVE: RI Community Food Bank’s Schiff, Actor Paolo
- LIVE: How To Reduce Your Holiday Waste
- Friday on LIVE: RI Young Republicans Sullivan, Resource Recovery RI’s Noiseux
- Thursday on LIVE: Former RI Gov. Chafee & Discovering Justice’s Karagianis
- LIVE: 7 Areas to Organize For The Holidays
- LIVE: Strategies For Those In Recovery To Stay Sober Over The Holidays
- LIVE: Black Friday Tech Deals with CNET’s Cheapskate Broida
- Wednesday on LIVE: Emmy Award-Winning Chef Lidia